Company: Geosyntec Consultants
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Looking for a place to grow your career? A place where you can
support industry recognized professionals who are solving tough
environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! We have an
opportunity available for a full-time Project Administrator in our
Clearwater, Florida office. This position provides administrative
and accounting support to our growing site investigation and
remediation and environmental management practice areas, and
interacts directly with Geosyntec billing and accounting staff, as
well as with clients, vendors, and subcontractors, as needed. The
selected candidate must be flexible and able to deal with a variety
of requests, adapt to changing workloads and priorities, and
possess extremely strong organizational skills.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional
goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the Project
Administrator position include:
* Read and interpret contract provisions and set up accurate
project information in the accounting database in accordance with
contract terms and Company policies, including, but not limited
* contractual elements provided on project initiation forms:
contract value, budget level, scope of services, fee types, payment
terms and proper authorization.
* Verify and/or edit project rate schedules and demographic data
provided by project managers.
* Ensure appropriate mark-ups, tax components and invoice masks are
in-line with contract provisions.
* Review and submit employee expense reports in a timely manner to
facilitate payment and processing. Understand the expense reporting
process and perform required unit pricing data entry in addition to
any necessary corrections.
* Perform electronic timesheet administration procedures and
understand the timesheet flow as it relates to labor, class codes
and project billing.
* Within established deadlines, initiate billing cycle by
generating and distributing prebill reports, facilitate edits per
the project manager's direction and finalize invoice with all
required attachments and documentation. Submit invoices to
corporate accounting for posting and to client as instructed by
* Track accounts receivable and accounts payable as needed for
* Assess project revenue by accurately identifying variances and
making necessary budget changes; enter percent complete as
instructed by project manager or designated employee; and complete
all tasks in accordance with monthly accounting closing
* Generate established systems reports, as required.
* Assist with other office administrative functions as needed, such
as filing, sorting mail, word processing, assisting with travel
arrangements and office meeting set-ups.
* Assist with local errands as needed
* High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college with
a major in accounting or finance (preferred)
* 1 to 3 years of related project administration experience for a
professional services firm, preferably in an engineering
* Ability to read and comprehend moderately complex instructions,
contracts and subcontract agreements, correspondence and memoranda;
and ability to effectively write moderately complex correspondence
and memoranda. (required)
* Knowledge of job costing, contract file administration and
comprehension of project revenue. (required)
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and proficiency in Excel.
* Prior experience with BST, Deltek, Wind2 accounting systems.
* Accurate data entry, writing and editing skills. (required)
* Ability to work in a fast paced, detail and deadline-oriented
environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ability to effectively present information to Project Managers,
and other internal clients. (required).
* Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest
candidates in their respective fields. To be selected for this
position, the candidate must possess exceptional interpersonal
skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills,
problem-solving skills, and the passion for excellence and
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for
an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding
assignments, and a place that has been nationally recognized for
its employees' quality of life, technical aexpertise, and business
success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn
more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits
package. Learn more by visiting
REQ NO: PROJE01908
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information..
Keywords: Geosyntec Consultants, Pensacola , Project Administrator, Accounting, Auditing , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!