Unit Secretary PRN 3S
Company: HCA, Hospital Corporation of America
Posted on: January 17, 2020
West Florida Healthcare is a 515 bed facility and proud to be the
area's leading health care facility in quality outcomes
performance. In addition to receiving an A Rating in Patient Safety
from the Leapfrog Group since fall of 2015, West Florida Healthcare
is also the area's first Accredited Chest Pain Center and Breast
Imaging Center of Excellence. West Florida Healthcare is also the
first hospital in the state of Florida to have earned Atrial
Fibrillation with Electrophysiology Services Accreditation. In
addition, West Florida Healthcare is an Advanced Primary Stroke
Center and offers specialized Emergency Department services
tailored specifically to the needs of seniors as well as a Kids' ER
dedicated to serving the emergency medical needs of children. The
West Florida Healthcare campus includes the acute care hospital,
the area's only comprehensive, CARF-accredited physical
rehabilitation hospital, and a behavioral health facility.
Affiliated with HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare,
West Florida Healthcare meets the community's healthcare needs in
major services such as cardiology, cardiovascular surgery,
oncology, orthopedics, robotic-assisted surgery, critical care,
neurology/neurosurgery, emergency care, urology, behavioral health,
gastroenterology, obstetrics, pulmonary, and rehabilitative
medicine.POSITION SUMMARY:This position performs clerical and
receptionist duties. This is done in accordance with the
philosophy, goals and objectives of Gulf Coast Medical
- Participate in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy
and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Organizes and communicates patient care activities to the
patient and to the Registered Nurse.
- Completes, executes and performs secretarial tasks such as,
Order Entry, filing and organizing patient charts and medication
- Communicates, interacts and participates in team work on the
- Demonstrates an understanding of patients charts, physician
orders and nursing orders.
- Promotes and displays a positive customer oriented demeanor to
patients, visitors, staff and physicians.
- Demonstrates an understanding and is proficient in the use of a
computer and office equipment.
- Maintains the unit in optimal operating condition by cleaning
general work stations and stocking of supplies. These supplies can
include items that contain a medication.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising
patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the notification reporting system.
Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant
medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which
results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Transports emergently needed medications from the pharmacy to
the nursing staff, with the exception of narcotics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- *EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: * Graduation from an
accredited high school or GED equivalent * Applicable work
experience may substitute for educationEXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR
PREFERRED: * * Experience commensurate with unit standards*
**SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: * Reads and writes Basic
English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physicians
orders. * Knowledge of body substance isolation. * Ability to
listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and
external partners needs. * Basic computer skills * Displays a
positive attitude * Psychosocial skills * Teambuilding skillsJob:
*Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling Title: Unit Secretary
PRN 3S Location: Florida-Pensacola-West Florida Hospital
Requisition ID: 00060-9425
Keywords: HCA, Hospital Corporation of America, Pensacola , Unit Secretary PRN 3S, Administration, Clerical , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!