Critical Facilities Engineer I
Company: Cox Communications Inc
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Primary Location: 3405 McLemore Dr, Pensacola, FL, USADivision:
Cox CommunicationsJob Level: Individual ContributorTravel: Yes, 25
% of the TimeSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobRequisition Number:
218999Cox Communications is searching for a Critical Facilities
Engineer I. This role plans and engineers technical facility
projects. This includes AC/DC powering, space planning,
infrastructure (including steel grids, ladder racking, cabinets),
and fiber management designs. Technical Facilities Engineer I
prepare plans, specifications, calculations, and/or other
engineering documents, provide recommendations to higher-level
engineers for review; analyze or design projects of limited
complexity and scope; conduct inspections/audits, and provide
recommendations. Work at this level may require contact with
consultants, contractors, and others for the purpose of explaining
standards, gaining compliance to standards and providing technical
assistance. Work is performed under the supervision of a
higher-level engineer or manager.Primary Responsibilities and
- Creates a project specific engineering package that includes
design (power, front elevation drawing, and floor plan), scope of
work, materials list, and vendor quotes.
- Creates test plans; tests and validates functionality,
management and performance for existing & new technologies
pertaining to Technical Facilities
- Conducts basic equipment evaluations, equipment selection,
pilot testing and Architect designs to ensure reliability and
scaled expansion of Technical Facilities.
- Assists in preparing engineering cost analysis to optimize
return on investment
- Assists in implementation of plans that enhance technical
operation, compliance with rules and regulations, and permit the
deployment of new technology.
- Supports deployments of new services, systems, applications and
architectures with installation, configuration, integration,
evaluation, testing, documentation, and training. Provides detailed
engineering support and consultation to other departments.
- Assists in establishing technical facilities performance
measurements and goals
- Works with vendors to ensure equipment is installed and
operating properly and resolves problems.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure the power & space
is available and configured to meet or exceed project demands.
- Facilitates communications with employees and other departments
by holding or attending meetings, preparing reports, and
participating on task forces.
- Reviews and approves MOP/DMOP for routine technical facility
augmentation and maintenance pertaining to contractor activity,
(i.e. HVAC, power work, equipment installation, cable routing, fire
- Performs quality assurance (QA) of all facility contractor
- Plans, documents, trends, and logs all parameters relating to
space capacity, AC/DC power, HVAC, building management systems, and
support systems within technical facilities.
- Evaluates the performance of generators, UPS or inverter
battery backup systems, DC power plants and battery backup, HVAC,
and building management systems at technical facilities.
- Recommends and compiles procedures and documentation for
support personnel to follow in day-to-day operations of the
- Audits preventative maintenance procedures and activities.
- Tracks and resolves escalations as appropriate and
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job.
(Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections
will be considered.)
- 1 year experience in related field (i.e. Engineering, Technical
or Facility Operations or related) or academic equivalent training
- Requires working knowledge of building management systems,
AC/DC power, HVAC, technical facility installation practices, and
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking
- Excellent collaborative skills to work effectively with teams
throughout the organization.
- Travel will be mostly be at 25% but it can also be up to 50%
depending on business needs.Preferred:
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (e.g.
Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or similar technical
- HVAC mechanical preferred
- Certifications: DC Power
- Basic knowledge of GR-1275, NEC, NESC, NFPA, IEEE, and Building
- Experience in telecommunications industry.
- Demonstrated basic troubleshooting and diagnostic
- Basic knowledge of telecommunications equipment.Who We AreAbout
Cox CommunicationsCox Communications is committed to creating
meaningful moments of human connection through broadband
applications and services. The largest private telecom company in
America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across
18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better
future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers,
communities and the characteristics that makes each one
unique.About CoxWe are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been
making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class
businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent
to always look for growth and impact while building a career with
us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive -
are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with
powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more
progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet
operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and
healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future
for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will
be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where
we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common
purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.Benefits of working at
Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision),
retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave,
parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For
more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our
benefits page.Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All
qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information,
ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by
law.Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar
Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we
formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to
our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager,
or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications Inc, Pensacola , Critical Facilities Engineer I, Engineering , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!