Controls Installation Technician - Dothan, AL OR Panama City, FL
Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: May 13, 2022
At - and through our businesses including and , we create
innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and
transportation that challenge what's possible for a sustainable
world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges
and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when
we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at
home. We boldly go.Why Trane Is The Best Company for Controls
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC
and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program
including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are
highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry
(we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM)
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and
sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed
laptop, and smart phoneJob Summary---In this position you will be
responsible for the installation of building automation systems. In
order to perform your task you will utilize your knowledge of low
voltage electricity, electronics (board level troubleshooting),
direct digital controls, and building control techniques.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, interpreting control drawings,
plans, and specifications to install temperature control systems
including conduit, enclosures, wiring and end devices.
- Prepares for on-site installation by examining building layout,
anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating
on-site work, and coordinating with other trades as necessary.
- Maintains assigned stock of inventory, company equipment, and
documents all related activities.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job, including
daily time, progress, and duration; and maintaining files.
- Turns in all required paperwork and reports in a timely
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer
contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on
assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying,
analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation of
direct digital control systems.
- Inspects vehicles by checking vehicle condition and literature
- Maintains vehicles by keeping records of service manuals,
scheduling, completed repairs and maintenance service.
- Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and
maintains security and accountability of company issued and
procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Regular travel requirements with occasional overnight
- Display steam effort and dedication to customer by maintaining
flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires,
including occasional overnight staysQualifications:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-5 years of experience
in HVAC/Controls; or equivalent combination of education (Technical
School) and experience is required.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working
proficiency with handheld computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Current or future participation in ABC electrical
apprenticeship program is desired.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 3 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or
multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the
previous 3 years.Additional Requirement:
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a vehicle using a
- Must be able to wear helmets, safety goggles, fall protection
harness and safety boots to safely perform job duties
- Must be able to twist the trunk of your body 90 degrees in each
- Must be able to squat and touch the floor with both hands
- Must be able to reach your hands over your head
- Must be able to stand on concrete surfaces for extended
periods, routinely up to 4 hours
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, kneeling and climbing ladders. -
It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs.,
frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. and occasionally lift
and/or move more than 40 lbs.
- Must be able to safely use a ladder with a 350 lb. total weight
limit, while carrying equipment of 50 lbs. or less
- Must be able to maneuver confined access areas, as small as 30"
vertical x 45" horizontal
- Must be able to comfortably and routinely access rooftops with
extension and/or fixed ladders at heights of 15' to 20', and
occasionally, up to 50 feet +
- This role may be exposed to variable weather conditions, moving
mechanical parts, heights, risk of electrical shock, noisy
operating equipment and other variable environmental conditions
based on locationWe offer competitive compensation and
comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity
employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age,
marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any
legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Pensacola , Controls Installation Technician - Dothan, AL OR Panama City, FL, Engineering , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!