Process Design Engineer
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Job Description:The Process Design Engineer will be responsible for
scoping, designing and following through execution, and
commissioning phases for projects that add capabilities, improve
quality, or increase production capacity. The role is focused on
finding creative solutions to challenges, providing rapid
implementation timetables, while achieving the best alignment with
customer and business needs at lowest cost.The role will focus on:
- Integration as part of a project team with project leaders,
manufacturing staff and Technology engineers.
- Develop flow schemes to determine mass and energy balances
fluid dynamics control logic, and equipment specifications.
- Model processes as part of the overall sizing/design
- Continued involvement in project execution and start up beyond
the design phase.
- Interacting with leading internal and external experts,
vendors, and other outside consultants to develop and implement
- Providing technical guidance on areas of expertise to plant
manufacturing and engineering organizations.
- Performing process HAZOP’s, RCA’s, FMEA’s, and PSR’sEssential
- Manage and maintain key capacity of conventional nylon
polymerization or chemical intermediates manufacturing
- Developing projects for low cost routes to debottleneck
- Maximizing throughput rate at equivalent quality
- Optimizing operation for conversion costs
- Proactively manage project milestone delivery, identify
potential obstacles and issues, devise contingency plans, and
engage stakeholders at necessary decision points
- Oversee development of process flow diagrams, heat & mass
balances, piping & instrument diagrams, and economic estimates from
initial concept to final design
- Manage the project stage gate process with Six Sigma rigor and
statistical methodology and use tools to drive efficiency across
- Manage internal resources, vendors, consultants, and contract
resources to accomplish project goals
Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal
and state regulations
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing
procedures, rules, and regulations
- Monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted
engineering practices and standards
Location Pensacola Florida, Best Beach in the USA, Year around Fun
in the Sun,Process Design Engineer, Tremendous Growth opportunity,
Anxious to Hire ASAPRequirements:Required Skills:Bachelor’s degree
in Chemical Engineering. Advanced degree considered a plus.3 +
years Process Design experience:SIMULATION & MODELING EXPERIENCE
REQUIRED MUST HAVES
- Ability to interface, orally and in writing, with many levels
of employees of various disciplines within various departments and
all other internal and external contacts.
- Strong analytical and technical skills, ability to solve
complex problems, ability to innovate, and a strategic business
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary and cross-functional
teams to take a concept to plant implementation.
- Broad knowledge of chemical unit operations including
reactions, separations, environmental controls and so forth.
Knowledge of computer systems and software related to process
control, optimization and simulation.
- Experience with Aspen, HYSYS, Fathom, HTRI, AFT Arrow, Process
Explorer, Provox, AIM Station, DMACS, or similar packages is
- This job may require occasional travel for vendor visits and
internal meetings. Travel may be domestic or foreign.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Pensacola , Process Design Engineer, Engineering , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!