Head of Data Management
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Description Company is a leader in the development of validated
medical-grade wearable solutions used to measure physical activity,
sleep, and behavior patterns in the broader global academic and
pharma research communities. We are seeking a Head of Data to own
customer delivery of appropriately formatted wearable device data
which consists of a combination of high-resolution (sample-level)
data as well as reduced, post-processed outcomes measures (e.g.,
steps, caloric measures, sleep metrics, cutpoints, etc). The person
who fills this role should possess a passion for interacting with
and meeting the needs of internal and external clients. The Head of
Data Management will work closely with our technology team to
ensure that our common data delivery processes are predictable and
automated and will also interface closely with data science teams
to ensure that custom data requests are handled in a timely
fashion. Company has a deep history in research. As such, the Head
of Data Management will be expected to interact with our pending
Head of Science as well as external academic thought leaders to
ensure that any public, peer-reviewed algorithms that Company
implements meet the published authors' intents. The person in this
role will work closely with the VP of Operations, VP of Technology,
and pending Head of Science to build out a data science team
consisting of data analysts, biostatisticians, and engineers who
can support our data strategy. This role will report to the VP of
Operations. We are looking for an individual who possesses the
ability to think outside the box, who has outstanding character
while working within a team environment, possesses excellent
communication skills, is a self-starter, has compassion for
co-workers and clients alike, in addition to the ability to
maintain a professional attitude and appearance under any
circumstance.--We hope you'll consider joining us in our mission to
bring digital data to life. The essential duties and
responsibilities for this role include:
- Communicate with the pharma sponsor and/or CRO project data
teams regarding data management issues.
- Produce clinical datasets in a timely manner to transfer to
clients and support analysis.
- Effectively and proactively communicate and collaborate with
external and internal teams to gather information and contribute to
data transfer specification contracts.
- Troubleshoot, resolve data quality issues, and own resolution
of open items.
- Tabulate, visualize and analyze data, and produce and present
reports to the clients.
- Meticulously document project progress, data quality control,
- Produce and maintain study-related key Data Management
- Ensure that our data transfer agreements meet the data
collection requirements of the study.
- Define and review edit-checks included in the Data Validation
Plan as agreed with the sponsor.
- Perform database lock activities in close collaboration with
the sponsor, Project Coordinator/Manager, statistician, and other
- Develop Data Management standards (templates and processes) and
help enforce policies for effective data management.
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing.
- Interact with Company clients to ensure that there is a clear
understanding of data delivery expectations (timing, formatting,
- Work closely with Company's technology team to ensure that
proper data extraction features are roadmapped.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate
their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new
technologies, upgrades etc.).
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data
handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
- Implementing tools and developing processes that provide
visibility into client data health as part of our client
deliverables (e.g., data cleanliness, data integrity,
identification of outliers, potential errors, etc)
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed.
- Work with our IT team to ensure digital databases and archives
are protected from security breaches and data losses.
- As needed, liaise with external academic research experts to
ensure that processed data outcomes align well with the intended
published algorithm or method.
- In addition to other duties as assigned.All responsibilities
are to be performed in accordance with the Company core values,
standards, policies, and procedures. Requirements The ideal
candidate will have:
- A University degree in a computer-related field (information
technology, computer science, etc.)
- 5+ years experience in the life sciences industry managing
- 2+ years experience in manipulating continuous-time
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Proven experience as a clinical data manager
- Experience with .NET software development
- Experience with R, SAS, Python, and other statistical analytics
platforms is a plus.
- Experience in extracting data from databases using programs
such as MongoDB and platforms like Amazon S3
- Experience in using version control and code repositories tools
such as Git and GitHub
- Knowledge of Commercial experience in generating and working
with CDISC SDTM and ADaM standards format
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management
functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Experience in requirements gathering, design and specification
- Familiarity with modern database and information system
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Keywords: ExecuNet, Pensacola , Head of Data Management, Executive , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!