Clinical Manager - Home Health, Pensacola $2500 Sign-On
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: April 16, 2019
Clinical Manager - Home Health, Pensacola $2500 Sign-On
CategoryHealthcareID2019-22958Location : NamePensacola, FL
32514Location : LocationUS-FL-Pensacola
Clinical Manager needed for our expanding home health agency in
Pensacola. Office based position. Knowledge of adult geriatric home
health/OASIS and management experience are necessary. Full
Time/Full Benefit position. Some travel required, mileage paid.
$2500 sign-on bonus.
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect
with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the
core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards
and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a
company. Here youll find opportunities to grow your career at any
level whether you have direct contact with resident or support
someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000
associates, theres a place for you to make a difference in lives of
the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for the planning, coordination, and delivery of quality
interdisciplinary home health care services, ensuring compliance to
federal/state standards and clinical best practices.
- Supervises, monitors, and ensures competencies and performance
of assigned home health care team(s) and ensures the delivery of
quality home health services.
- Supervises ongoing case management of all patients ensuring an
accurate evaluation and treatment plan, maintaining our quality
model, and utilizing services appropriately to achieve optimal
- Provides clinical oversight for home health patients within
- Reviews electronically submitted documentation and provides
feedback to clinicians regarding deficiencies or OASIS corrections
(with feedback from Quality Review Specialist) to ensure the
medical records reflect compliance with medical necessity,
homebound status, and visit utilization and are supported by
individual patient assessment/ documentation support and transition
- Reviews agency assigned team outcome data, participates in and
facilitates improvement activities for agency outcomes
- Reviews patient schedules to ensure appropriate coordination of
care and clinical needs and ensures efficiency of clinical
- Works directly with the assigned home health care team with the
ongoing implementation of approved work methods, patient care
model, and procedures that reflect elements essential to rendering
high quality care.
- Maintains ongoing communication regarding patient care with
physicians, referral sources, caregivers, patients, community
management, and associates to facilitate coordination of
- Coordinates case conference with clinical team ensuring quality
care of patients as evidenced by supporting documentation.
- Serves as an educator and mentor for assigned home health care
team regarding home health documentation, including addressing
deficiencies in clinical documentation, inconsistencies, clinical
standards of care, and compliance.
- Assists with orientation of home health associates.
- Maintains effective and efficient ongoing communication with
the Director of Clinical Services (DCS) related to patient care,
physician relations, community relations, or other areas impacting
agency quality performance.
- Participates in quality assurance and improvement program as
established and led by the Director of Clinical Services and in
partnership with the Quality Review Specialist.
- Provides performance feedback and coaching to direct report
home health associates.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards and HIPAA
guidelines concerning community and patient information.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the day-to-day
interactions with co-workers, management staff, and
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with co-workers
and community associates.
- Assists the DCS/ADCS in maintaining the agency in a state of
survey readiness at all times.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Two years of experience within a licensed and certified (Medicare)
home health agency. Competent in Federal (Medicare) and Local
standards including Conditions of Participation and Local Coverage
Determinations. Basic level computer skills including Outlook,
Word, and Excel.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Valid RN license within practice State
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a clinical team. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a clinical nursing practice or
function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work
environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline.
Extensive clinical knowledge and proficiency in Nursing, Physical,
Occupational and Speech/Language Therapy. Demonstrated ability to
manage defined systems and processes within Brookdale Home Health.
Basic computer software skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Ability to respect the privacy of residents/patients and to refrain
from discussing their personal situations and problems with others,
particularly as it may relate to their health. Ability to
communicate with residents/patients of various levels of
functioning and various types of personalities. Excellent written
and verbal communication with staff and residents required.
Willingness and ability to assist in planning
and executing evacuation of residents/patients during emergency
situations. Willingness to communicate perceived needs of
residents/patients to other skilled staff to assist with addressing
their care needs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Schedule: Regular Full-Time
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Pensacola , Clinical Manager - Home Health, Pensacola $2500 Sign-On, Executive , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!