Strategic Accounts Director
Company: Airgas Inc
Posted on: August 13, 2019
AIRGAS USA, LLC IS HIRING A STRATEGIC ACCOUNT DIRECTOR ANYWHERE IN
THE SOUTH REGION (TAMPA,FL , JACKSONVILLE, FL MIAMI, FL, THEODORE,
AL PENSACOLA, FL OR TALLAHASSEE, FL)
AIRGAS OFFERS A FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES: MEDICAL,
DENTAL, VISION, LIFE, AD&D, SHORT TERM AND LONG TERM DISABILITY
INSURANCE, VACATION, SICK, PAID HOLIDAYS, 401(K) RETIREMENT PLAN
WITH COMPANY MATCH, TUITION ASSISTANCE AND MUCH MORE!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air
Liquide company, is the nations leading single-source supplier of
gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our
distribution network serves more than one million customers of all
sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched
expertise. Airgas customer base includes but is not limited to:
manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food
service, and so on
Under general supervision, the Strategic Accounts Director services
customers by selling products to businesses, industrial and medical
establishments or individuals at sales offices, stores, showrooms
or customers places of business, meets customers needs and resolves
customers problems. The Strategic Accounts Director works safely in
compliance with customer specifications, company and regulatory
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
SAFETY AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
* Demonstrates and ensures staff alignment with Airgas Safety
Pledge and 12 Live Saving Rules.
* Exemplifies, promotes and develops safe work behaviors. Provides
direct coaching to improve associates safety behaviors resulting in
an improved safety culture.
* Ensures all applicable regulatory (OSHA, FDA, EPA) requirements
are met and applicable training and recordkeeping is performed to
meet departmental and location deadlines.
* Ensures compliance with all Specialty, Medical and Food Gas
Standard Operating Procedures and ISO requirements.
* Meets and/or exceeds Gross Margin budget by servicing existing
national accounts, obtaining orders, increasing sales volumes
* Maintains existing book of business and establishes new national
accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on
existing or potential customers/prospects and traveling throughout
territory or talking with customers on the telephone.
* Compiles list of prospective customers for use as sales leads,
based on information from Area Vice Presidents, the internet,
business directories, trade journals, and other sources.
* Works with Area Vice Presidents to increase knowledge of
potential and existing customers by studying the type of product
and volume used, depending on industry or trade factor, displaying
or demonstrating product using catalog or samples and emphasizing
sellable features. Strategic Account Director must be able to
explain types of gases and uses to customers.
* Develops a thorough understanding of the customers need and
prepares a response to that need by quoting pricing, credit terms,
estimated date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of
companys production and delivery schedules using software program
set up by company.
* Prepares national sales contract for orders obtained and submits
order to appropriate company personnel.
* Keeps Region President and/or Area Vice Presidents informed by
maintaining and submitting activity and results reports (daily call
reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory
analyses) as required by companys policies and procedures.
* Meets with Region President and/or Area Vice Presidents to
discuss special accounts, projects and situations.
* Checks accounts receivable as to status of existing account,
communicate with credit and contact customers regarding overdue
payment if relationship with customer is good.
* Obtains approval from credit department for new accounts.
* Maintains knowledge of competition by gathering current
marketplace information on pricing, products, new products,
delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
* Recommends changes in products, service and policy by evaluating
results and competitive developments and discussions with
* Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing
solutions, preparing memos/reports, and making recommendations to
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks with other technical people and
vendors and participating in professional societies.
* Protects operation of company by keeping financial, production,
sales and marketing information and plans confidential.
* Maintains a professional presence and demeanor that is reflective
of a corporate image.
* Other job duties as may be assigned.
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors Degree from four-year College or University or
equivalent combination of education and related industry
* Demonstrated experience selling medical, specialty or industrial
gases and equipment to independent distributors and customers.
* Previous experience in the industrial and/or specialty gas
* Related product knowledge is preferred.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS STRONGLY DESIRED:
* Negotiating and selling skills required with a proven record of
achieving or exceeding assigned sales goals.
* Customer-Service Orientation Maintains clear communication
* Integrity Acts on values and beliefs
* Initiative Acts 1 -2 months ahead
* Flexibility Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer
needs and management expectations.
* Achievement Motivation Works to meet others standards
* Organizational Commitment Actively supports organization
* Independence Ability to work independently and under some
pressure to meet deadlines.
* Diversity/Inclusion Must be able to work with a wide variety of
people with different personalities and background.
* Organization Develops systems
* Frequent (up to 80% of work time),
* Knowledge of corresponding geographical area.
* Driving up to 100 miles/day
* Strong PC skills
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook)
* Able to save and maintain electronic files.
* Ability to learn and use additional 3rd party software programs
to track data.
* Prior experience with SAP order entry software, a definite
COMMUNICATION AND/OR CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
* Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets
* Ability to write routine business reports and business
correspondence in English.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from employees and/or customers.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or
Keywords: Airgas Inc, Pensacola , Strategic Accounts Director, Executive , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!