Director Infection Prevention
Company: West Florida Hospital
Posted on: August 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
West Florida Healthcare is a 515 bed facility and proud to be the
area's leading health care facility in quality outcomes
performance. In addition to receiving an A Rating in Patient Safety
from the Leapfrog Group since fall of 2015, West Florida Healthcare
is also the area's first Accredited Chest Pain Center and Breast
Imaging Center of Excellence. West Florida Healthcare is also the
first hospital in the state of Florida to have earned Atrial
Fibrillation with Electrophysiology Services Accreditation. In
addition, West Florida Healthcare is an Advanced Primary Stroke
Center and offers specialized Emergency Department services
tailored specifically to the needs of seniors as well as a Kids' ER
dedicated to serving the emergency medical needs of children. The
West Florida Healthcare campus includes the acute care hospital,
the area's only comprehensive, CARF-accredited physical
rehabilitation hospital, and a behavioral health facility.
Affiliated with HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare,
West Florida Healthcare meets the community's healthcare needs in
major services such as cardiology, cardiovascular surgery,
oncology, orthopedics, robotic-assisted surgery, critical care,
neurology/neurosurgery, emergency care, urology, behavioral health,
gastroenterology, obstetrics, pulmonary, and rehabilitative
medicine.-- -- Position Summary: The Director of Infection
Prevention is responsible for the facility-wide activities of
evaluating and managing infection risks to patients and personnel
through extensive surveillance and an effective reporting system.
The Director functions as the hospital-wide clinical expert in the
prevention and control of infection and is responsible for the
facility-wide planning and implementation of the Infection
Prevention Program, in order to minimize the probability of
transmission of infection, thus providing a safer hospital for our
patients and personnel. --
- Responsible for the Infection Prevention Program for the
- Demonstrates effective communication skills
- Develops, conducts annual reviews, and revisions to, policies
and procedures governing control of infection and communicable
diseases, as indicated.
- Conducts annual risk analysis based on geographic location,
community, populations served, care, treatment and services
provided, analysis of surveillance activities and other infection
- Prioritizes goals and documents risks per the Infection
Prevention Plan based on the annual risk analysis.
- Works collaboratively with IP Team and Department Leaders to
develop, maintain, revise, and enforce infection prevention and
control policies and procedures.
- Serves as liaison with regulatory, state, and county agencies
as relates to communicable disease reporting.
- Responsible for organization-wide compliance with regulatory
standards (CDC, TJC, OSHA, CMS, etc.).
- Acts as a subject matter expert for infection prevention and
control for ICP Staff, nursing staff, students or other clinical or
- Oversees the submission of data to the National Healthcare
Safety Network (NHSN) per State and CMS requirements to assure
- Examines microbiology reports of positive isolates to recognize
trends, identify hospital acquired infections, and performs /
compiles appropriate statistical analysis.
- Oversees concurrent and retrospective chart audits as indicated
to determine community onset versus hospital acquired
- Oversees and participates in a robust surveillance program to
include environment of care rounding, unit rounding, real time
observations and audits of compliance with infection prevention
bundles, compliance with isolation practices, and compliance with
appropriate hand hygiene practices (cleanliness of work
environment, patient environment and equipment), to include all
procedural areas to assure compliance with OR attire, maintenance
of aseptic technique, and monitoring of other high-risk behaviors
such as traffic in and out of OR rooms.
- Develops strong relationships with staff and leaders and is
recognized as the subject matter expert exhibited by comfort of
staff in reaching out to IC Director and recognition of IC Director
- Collaborates with Facilities Management Leadership and staff to
assure appropriate ICRAs in place during periods of construction
and renovation, and ensuring ongoing patient and staff safety
during such activities.
- Oversees collection and submission of infection control data to
ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
- Review, assess and investigate lab data relative to infection
rates, sources and identifies trends.
- Presents data in such a way that promotes ease of
interpretation, analysis and identification of opportunities for
improvement (using appropriate charts, graphs, tables, PowerPoint
presentations, etc.).---- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Leadership abilities in planning and implementing Infection
Control Programs, and in serving as a consultant, coordinating,
assessing data, and in making appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to prioritize projects and data collection to meet
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).Ability to analyze recorded nosocomial
infections, and to provide periodic trended statistics and focused
reviews to the Infection Control Team / Committee.---- Experience
- 3 years Infection Control & Prevention experience in acute
- 3 years of leadership experience required.--
- Experience working closely with physicians and other clinical
care providers in group and one-on-one settings necessary.--
- Experience in critical care and/or OR helpful. Education
- Bachelor degree in nursing, medical technology, clinical
laboratory science, Public Health, Microbiology, or Epidemiology
required.-- Certification in Infection prevention & Control
- Knowledge of epidemiology, infectious disease management,
microbiology, public health principles, and statistical analysis of
clinical data required. --------
Preferred:-- Master---s degree in Nursing (MSN) or Master---s in
Public Health (MPH)---- -- Licensure / Certification:
- Current state professional license or
certification/registration as required by field of practice is
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC)------
---- --You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Student Loan Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Family Leave
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- And much more! --------------EOE-- --
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: West Florida Hospital, Pensacola , Director Infection Prevention, Executive , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!