Home Dialysis Registered Nurse - RN - Pensacola, FL - Dialysis
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Job ID 21000NRBAvailable Openings 1 PURPOSE AND SCOPE: The
registered professional nurse (CAP RN 1) position is an entry level
designation into the Clinical Advancement Program for Registered
Nurses. The CAP RN 1 is accountable and responsible for the
provision and coordination of clinically competent care including
assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation for an assigned
group of patients. As a member of the Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
health care team, the CAP RN 1 participates in decision-making,
teaching, leadership functions, and quality improvement activities
that enhance patient care outcomes and facility operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: All duties and
responsibilities are expected to be performed in accordance with
Fresenius Kidney Care policy, procedures, standards of nursing
practice, state and federal regulations.
- Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Program Manager with guidance from the Educator, Preceptor or a
Home Therapy CAP RN 2, 3, 4 or 5 for the first 6 months of
- Expected to complete requirements to advance to the next CAP
level, for which they qualify, within 24 months from date of
- Performs ongoing, systematic review and analysis of dialysis
data for Home Therapy patients and documents in the patient medical
record, adjusts or modifies the treatment plan as indicated and
notifies Supervisor or Physician as needed.
- Recognizes aspects and implications of patient status that vary
from normal and reports to or collaborates with appropriate health
team members for input.
- Directs and provides, in collaboration with direct and
ancillary patient care staff, all aspects of the provision of safe
and effective delivery of chronic dialysis therapy to assigned
- Delegates appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff
including but not limited to RNs, LVN/LPNs and Patient Care
- Monitors patient care staff for appropriate techniques and
adherence to FKC policy and procedures.
- Promotes infection control, equipment and environmental
- Assists in the identification, evaluation, selection and
education of Home Dialysis candidates and Home Partners.
- Performs assessment and identifies barriers of the Home
Dialysis candidate's home environment and partner/ family readiness
and ability to perform dialysis treatments in the home.
- Admits new patients to Home Therapy using the appropriate
processes per Fresenius Kidney Care policy and procedure.
- Trains Home Dialysis patients and / or Home Partners on the
safe and effective operation and maintenance of all Home Dialysis
equipment and treatment supplies through an organized and formal
Home Dialysis Training Program.
- Assesses and manages patients' response to home dialysis
training and treatment therapy by following prescribed
predetermined protocols. Communicates patient related issues to the
physician as needed
- Identifies expected outcomes, documents and updates the nursing
assessment and plan of care for assigned patients through
collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment
- Makes referrals to Social Worker and Registered Dietitian as
- Checks availability of adequate emergency equipment and
supplies as assigned.
- Assists with medication tracking and inventory as
- Serves as a resource for health care team, participates in
staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
- Participates in all required staff meetings as scheduled.
- Supports and promotes the Fresenius Kidney Care mission,
vision, values, and customer service philosophy.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting and moving of patients and assisting with
ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and
the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may
occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines and
equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water
solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5 feet. The work environment
is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature
control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and
- Position requires participation in on-call rotation. (Night,
Weekend or as defined by individual program needs).
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position,
travel to home dialysis patient homes and other locations with the
same physical demands and working conditions as described above.
- Assigned oversight of Patient Care Technicians/LPNs as a Team
Leader or designated Nurse in charge, after the following:
- Successful completion of all FKC education and training
requirements for new employees plus
- Must have a minimum of 12 months experience as an RN plus
- Successful completion of 3 months experience as an RN in home
peritoneal dialysis and / or home hemodialysis. EDUCATION:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed. EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Entry level for RNs with less than 2 years of nephrology
nursing experience within the last two years or for RNs with a BSN
and less than 1 year of nephrology nursing experience within the
last two years.
- Minimum of 9 months experience as a Registered Nurse
- Chronic Home dialysis or hemodialysis experience
- Successful completion of FKC Education and Training
requirements for new employees.
- Successful completion and maintenance of CPR BLS
- Meet all conditions of employment including Ishihara's Color
- Successful completion of all annual required
- Successful completion of on-going training and education as
assigned or required. EO/AA Employer:
Identity Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Pensacola , Home Dialysis Registered Nurse - RN - Pensacola, FL - Dialysis, Healthcare , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!