Sterile Processing Clerk (POOL) - Summit Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: January 6, 2022
US-FL-Pensacola# of Openings: 1Category: Per DiemSystem ID:
15888Group Name: LegacyOverviewSurgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is
transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly
create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health
systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and
healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to
achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and
a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower
total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA's
10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that
serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on
SCA, visit .Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible
on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability
- Excellent 401(k) Plan Accountabilities / ResponsibilitiesThe
Sterile Processing Clerk (Instrument Processing Technician) is
responsible for maintaining instruments and equipment in an optimal
fashion and preparing instrumentation, equipment, and sterile
supplies for the surgical patient.Key Responsibilities:
- Functions as an Instrument Processing Technician under the
direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Knowledge of sterilization procedures, aseptic technique, and
maintenance and care of instruments and equipment.
- Knowledge of standards and engages in practices and procedures
of sterile technique.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use
and returns it to the proper area, in appropriate sequence, for
storage and/or processing.
- Differentiates sterilization and disinfection methods required
for specific instruments and equipment.
- Cleans, wraps, sterilizes, and disinfects instruments and
equipment and maintains the functions of the instrument processing
- Responsible for crossover duties in other areas such as
purchasing supplies and inventory management in proper areas
according to facility policy and management guidance.Qualifications
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Understanding of sterilization and high-level disinfection
technologies including industry standardized principles and
practice in sterilization and disinfection required.
- Prior experience in instrument processing preferred.
- Prior experience as a surgical technologist/procedure
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of
employment required or documentation of current BCLS
- Certification in instrument processing is preferred.
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Pensacola , Sterile Processing Clerk (POOL) - Summit Surgery Center, Healthcare , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!