Pharmacy Customer Associate - Designated Hitter
Posted on: July 31, 2022
- Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer
- Registers sales on assigned cash register, provides customers
with courteous, fair, friendly, and efficient checkout
- In accordance with state and federal regulations, assists the
pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy.
Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug
information and process prescriptions.Customer Experience
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering
assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and
answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team
members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer
experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye
contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g.,
offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until
- Provides customers with courteous, friendly, fast, and
- Recommends items for sale to customer and recommends trade-up
and/or companion items.
- Registers customer purchases on assigned cash register,
collects cash and distributes change as requested; processes voids,
returns, rain checks, refunds, and exchanges as needed. Takes
customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in locating
- Keeps counters and shelves clean and well merchandised, takes
inventory, and maintains records. Checks in and prices merchandise
as required or as directed by store manager or communicated by the
- Performs duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager, Staff
Pharmacist and Store Manager including utilizing pharmacy systems
to enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is
entered correctly, filling prescriptions by retrieving, counting
and pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying medicine is correct,
and checking for possible interactions. Assists pharmacists in
scheduling and maintaining work flow.
- Reports, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacist on duty
and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to
pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program. Reviews and
complies with the Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of Conduct.
- Strictly adheres to the Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good
Faith Dispensing during all applicable prescription dispensing
- Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention
of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
- Processes (corrects and resubmits) manual claims for third
party program prescription services in a timely and efficient
manner, and performs other clerical duties, as assigned by the
- Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory
management activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, checking and
storing shipment of pharmaceuticals. Maintains knowledge of Company
asset protection techniques, and files claims for warehouse
overages (merchandise received, but not billed), shortages
(merchandise billed, but not received), order errors or damaged
goods involving Rx drugs.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding
regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages and tobacco
- Constructs and maintains displays, including promotional,
seasonal, super structures, and sale merchandise. Completes resets
and revisions as directed.
- Assists with separation of food items (e.g., raw foods from
pre-cooked) and product placement as specified by
policies/procedures (e.g., raw and frozen meats on bottom shelves).
For consumable items, assists in stock rotation, using the first
in, first out method and restock outs.
- Has working knowledge of store systems and store
- Provides customer service in the photo area, including digital
passport photo service, poster print and creative machine,
suggestive sell of promotional photo products.
- Assumes web pick-up responsibilities (monitors orders in
Picture Care Plus, fills orders (pick items), delivers orders to
customers as they arrive at store).
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring
clean, neat, orderly store condition and appearance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains
respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as
assigned.Training & Personal Development
- Earns and maintains PTCB certification through the designated
PTCB training program and/or state required
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager or
assigned by corporate and acquires continuing education credits.
Maintains knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy, including
latest news and developments.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
(Except in Puerto Rico)
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including
evenings and weekend hours.
- Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.
- Prefer good math skills so they can fill prescriptions
accurately, including counting, measuring and weighing
- Prefer good computer skills.
- Prefer the knowledge of store inventory control.
- Prefer PTCB certification.The following information is
applicable for San Francisco, CA applicants: Pursuant to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment
qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
The following information is applicable to Colorado only, in
accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Please review the
available benefits and salary available for this position by
clicking here: jobs.walgreens.com/benefits. Walgreens will provide
applicants in other states with information related to the
position, to the extent required by state or local law, by calling
Keywords: WALGREENS, Pensacola , Pharmacy Customer Associate - Designated Hitter, Healthcare , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!