Clinical Informaticist I
Company: Baptist Health Care
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The Clinical Informatics I works collaboratively with the team
planning and implementing clinical systems within patient care
areas. This position is responsible for all aspects of planning,
design, configuration, testing, implementation, maintenance and
ongoing performance evaluation of clinical information systems.
This position utilizes knowledge and skills of nursing practice and
clinical processes to determine best practice workflows in use of
clinical applications across the enterprise. This position provides
education and training to clinical staff and promotes system
utilization. This position analyzes current end user service area
requirements, procedures, and workflow, in order to provide
application solutions that support and improve organization and/or
department operations. This position develop and maintain a
positive working relationship with clinical and administrative end
user departments to ensure optimal utilization of the health
system's clinical applications, while providing appropriate levels
of end user training and education.
- Conduct current needs assessment, software configuration,
implementation, testing, and support for clinical information
systems. Create and run reports from clinical systems to assess
compliance or determine areas that may require additional end user
- Facilitate design of clinical workflow in conjunction with the
end users (clinicians, nurses and administrative staff) to gain
efficiencies, quality initiatives and improved patient care through
interaction with clinical information systems. Work collaboratively
with Application Analysts and Project Managers to translate end
user needs into workflows that improve efficiencies, solve complex
workflow issues and incorporate quality initiatives.
- Responsible for managing small projects to completion on
- Actively participates in team daily management and process
- Actively manages informatics needs; proactively identifying
improvement opportunities for information and technology
requirements of the clinical areas served.
- Collaboratively perform unit, functional and integrated testing
of the software to ensure that the design objectives are met,
including the development and validation of testing scripts.
- Develop high degree of understanding of clinical departments'
- Develop policies and procedures in collaboration with
clinicians, other system analysts, IT or business leadership.
- Provides education and training to clinical staff and promotes
- Troubleshoot application issues, with/without vendor
assistance, to resolution. Basic troubleshooting of system
hardware, as needed. Support and troubleshoot inbound/outbound
application interface related issues with application analysts when
they impact clinical workflows and escalate to the appropriate
- Prepare and maintain appropriate system documentation and/or
- Associates Degree Computer Information Technology, Medical
Technology, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Surgical Technology,
Health Care Required or three (3) years of related experience maybe
considered in lieu of degree.
- Current Florida State license is required if education
background is clinical Upon Hire Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong initiative.
- Effective organization, communication, and planning
- Strong analytical problem solving.
- Knowledgeable of government programs including Meaningful Use,
PQRS, HEDIS guidelines and requirements.
- Working knowledge and training on major vendor clinical
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system
committed to improving the quality of life for people and
communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The
organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews
Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive
primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000
team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest
non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.
Keywords: Baptist Health Care, Pensacola , Clinical Informaticist I, Healthcare , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!