Company: Ascension Florida
Posted on: November 19, 2023
* Specialty: Hematology/Oncology
* Department: 6 physicians, 6 APP's
* Schedule: Full-Time, M-F
* Hospital: Ascension Sacred Heart
* Location: Pensacola, FL
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career
flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being
of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our
associates are empowered to apply their military experience and
unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by
position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN,
Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today
for additional specifics.
Ascension Sacred Heart is looking for a BC/BE Hematology/Oncology
physician in Pensacola, FL.
* Onsite clinical pharmacy support
* Established panel and largest primary care network on the Gulf
* Comprehensive Lung Screening on campus
* Social Workers for patient navigation
* Advance Care Planning
* Financial Advocates
* Rehabilitation services
* Palliative Care and Hospice
* Live and work on the beautiful Gulf Coast of Florida
* earning potential of $900k for a mature practice
What you will do:
* Evaluate and treat patients with appropriate medical diagnostic
and treatment skills.
* Coordinate discharge planning with case management.
* Recommend, participate in, and work to ensure the success of
efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided
* Accept patient referrals from other physicians.
* Act as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for
patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses,
depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
* Participate in academic programs (eg medical education and
research) as requested.
* Provide appropriate documentation that meets insurance company
requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
* Participate in inpatient and outpatient consultation for
specialty, which may include on call schedules.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* Licensed Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Florida Board of
Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
* BC/BE in specialty is required
* Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Sacred Heart is a leading provider of high-quality
healthcare to children and adults in South Alabama and Northwest
Florida communities and operates Northwest Florida's only
children's hospital. Our faith-based ministry offers caregivers the
opportunity to flourish personally and professionally in a variety
of specialties, including cardiology, brain and spine, pediatrics,
women's health, orthopedics and cancer care.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health
system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care,
including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities
in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at
Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and
make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are
more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the
lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital
status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other
legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English)
poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension Florida, Pensacola , Physician, Hematology/Oncology, Healthcare , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!