Lead Sonography Technologist
Company: Sacred Heart, FL
Posted on: November 7, 2018
Job ID: 277763 Lead Sonography Technologist Pensacola, Florida Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Lead Technologist-Sonography City, State:-- Pensacola,FL Location:-- Sacred Heart Hospital Pensacola Department:---- Ultrasound Additional Job Details:----Full-Time,Day,--40 hours,Weekly About Us Thank you for your interest in Northwest Florida---s leading health care provider --- Sacred Heart Health System. Northwest Florida is a growing, family-oriented community, offering a mild climate, year-round recreational opportunities and beautiful sugar-white beaches along the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico. As part of Ascension --- the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world---s largest Catholic health system --- Sacred Heart offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Our associates consistently give high ratings to their workplace engagement and leadership---s support for their well-being. Sacred Heart was founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1915. While our technology has improved dramatically and the buildings have grown and expanded, our commitment to the mission remains steadfast: to provide excellent health care to all people, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. For our more than 100-year history, we have been blessed with talented associates who believe in our mission and are dedicated to serving our patients and families. Sacred Heart Health System includes hospital campuses in Pensacola, Miramar Beach and Port St. Joe, Florida, as well as The Studer Family Children---s Hospital at Sacred Heart --- Northwest Florida---s only children---s hospital --- and Sacred Heart Medical Group, the largest network of primary care and specialty physicians in Northwest Florida. In affiliation with the University of Florida, Sacred Heart offers the region---s only kidney transplant program, as well as physician residency programs to train the next generation of doctors in internal medicine, pediatrics and obstetrics/gynecology. Job Description Job Summary: The Lead Sonography Technologist leads the daily operations of assigned department's imaging services. -- Responsibilities:
- Ensures quality imaging, patient care and work flow. Monitors patient documentation for timely completion and accuracy.
- Oversees quality control testing, equipment maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Serves as a resource to department staff as well as other members of the team as needed.
- Performs staff orientation, training, and coaching. Provides input to staff performance evaluations.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency standards.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech--credentialed from the--Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Radiologic Technologist--specializing in--Sonography--credentialed from the--American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Medical Sonographer--credentialed from the--American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.-- Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required Work Experience:
- 1 year of experience required. Equal Employment Opportunity Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity--employer. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement Share: -->
Keywords: Sacred Heart, FL, Pensacola , Lead Sonography Technologist, Healthcare , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!