RN Occupational Health
Posted on: January 12, 2019
We Are Hiring RN Occupational Health - Associate Health and Wellness - FT Days - FLPEN 5151 Sacred Hrt Hosp Pen - Pensacola, FLWhy Join Employer? Employer is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Employer is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Employer provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Employer includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Employer's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Employer's own group purchasing organization.What You Will Do As an Associate with Employer, you will have the opportunity to provide health care services to the organization's employees in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.You will:
- Provide treatment for job related injuries and illnesses.
- Conduct pre-employment health screenings and immunization clinics.
- Ensure compliance with applicable workplace safety laws and regulations. May also conduct safety training programs.
- Provide employee counseling and referrals for occupational injuries and illnesses as well as other health-related matters.
- Document the nursing process in care management, evaluate care effectiveness, and document all aspects of assessment and care management.
- Conduct health screening and surveillance activities including occupational and environmental health histories and health assessments.
- Assess and identify occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Assess essential functions of job to facilitate hiring, proper placement, fitness for duty, reasonable accommodation, and return to work.
- Implement occupational and environmental health and safety education and training which incorporate knowledge of current laws and regulations governing worker, worksite and community health and safety.
- Collaborate with other disciplines in regards to education and training programs.
- Collaborate with other professionals to identify potential exposures in the work environment through periodic worksite walk through, focused inspections, records review, job hazard analysis, and incident investigations.
- Maintain and safeguard overall recordkeeping system and associate case management records in keeping with established codes of ethics and legal or regulatory requirements to assure confidentiality of candidates for case management, early intervention, or with gaps in the service continuum.
- Implement effective return to work and modified duty programs.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate health promotion and disease prevention and control strategies and programs by providing programs and services that increase awareness of health issues and choices.
- Identify resources that describe relevant research findings and applies them to practice.
- Assist in coordinating the provision of occupational health services and programs through participation in the formulation of goals, plans, and decisions related to programs and services, and development of the budget for the program or service.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Occupational Health. Nurse or Certified Occupational Health Nurse Specialist (COHN/COHN-S) from the American Board for Occupational Health Nurses is preferred.Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.Work Experience:
- 1 year of experience required.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:" Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Employer Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Pensacola , RN Occupational Health, Healthcare , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!