Company: Halcyon Rehabilitation
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Tracking Code Pensacola, FL Job Description Full-time Physical Therapist- Pensacola, FL Halcyon Rehab is looking for a Physical Therapist in Pensacola, FL at our beautiful/newly constructed Olive Branch Health and Rehabilitation community. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone that has an interest in learning management responsibilities as the position will transition to an Assistant Director of Rehab role. Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday schedule is available for this full-time Physical Therapist role. Olive Branch Health and Rehabilitation Center is a 90-bed all private room Skilled Nursing Facility delivering short-term, post-acute services. The 78,000 square foot center will be built across the street from West Florida Hospital and adjacent to Olive Baptist Church at 8325 University Parkway. This convenient location will serve the residents of Pensacola, Pace, and surrounding areas. Olive Branch Health and Rehabilitation Center will provides patients, licensed professional nursing care along with specialty physician services and over 5,500 square feet of therapy space, utilizing state-of-the-art rehabilitation equipment and oxygen delivery systems. Holding true to Gulf Coast's motto "A New Generation of Care," the center also includes a bistro, two courtyards and a movie theater in addition to other luxurious amenities Halcyon Rehab Is A Therapy Provider That Cares---
At Halcyon, our approach to healthcare services emphasizes teamwork and personal involvement to create a compassionate, caring environment for our resident's. We do more than just meet their physical needs - we are committed to helping our residents live happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives through social interaction and enriching environments that promote independence.
Full-time Physical Therapist Benefits include:
--- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
--- Life Insurance - 100% company paid
--- Supplemental Life - optional
--- Short Term Disability
--- Long Term Disability
--- Home and Auto Insurance - discount through MetLife
--- Flexible Spending Accounts
--- Continuing Education Reimbursement up to $750 per year
--- Vacation & Holiday pay for full-time & part-time employees Reasons to Consider Physical Therapist Opportunity w/ Halcyon: --- Flexible Work Schedule
--- Very Competitive Pay
--- Work Life Balance
--- Outstanding Benefits
--- Generous PTO
--- Education & Training
--- Privately Owned Company
--- Rehab Company started by a Therapist
--- Nationwide Presence With Plan for Continued Growth
--- Employee Referral Bonus Program
--- Clinical Team that provides continued training and mentorship
--- Free In-house CEU Events For All Employees POSITION SUMMARY The staff Physical Therapist evaluates and treats patients/residents, communicates with families, physicians, and other health professionals and maintains documentation of services in the medical record.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS 1. Performs evaluations for patients/residents based upon the physician referral.
2. Develops basic treatment plans based on evaluation results including short and long term goals that lead to achievement of patient/resident outcome.
3. Evaluates and recommends patient/resident need for necessary durable medical equipment as per facility protocol.
4. Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants and Rehabilitation Technicians in direct patient/resident care and activities per state practice act.
5. Treats patients/residents according to treatment plan.
6. Screens patients/residents based upon identified needs.
7. Communicates with supervisor and team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans.
8. Communicates with medical staff, nursing personnel and other department supervisors.
9. Conducts in-services and training for facility staff on an ongoing basis as directed.
10. Attends and participates in in-service training for other facility staff members.
11. Attends and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, patient/resident care conferences, utilization review meetings, and other meetings as required or directed.
12. Records clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
13. Correctly identifies and bills for daily therapy services rendered per approved billing guidelines.
14. Instructs families and nursing staff in restorative/home programs.
15. Provides patient/resident/family education and training and participates in family conferences for the purposes of discharge planning.
16. Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with patients/residents, facility personnel and support agencies.
17. Reports any problems with department equipment to the appropriate personnel so that it is maintained in safe and good working order.
18. Acts as a clinical mentor for affiliated Physical Therapy schools with approved contracts.
19. Actively participates in the supervision process: a. Review evaluation results, treatment plan and goals with PTA.
b. Communicates needs to appropriate program personnel.
c. Notifies appropriate personnel of unusual patient/resident findings in a timely manner.
d. Demonstrates an awareness of limitations and seeks supervision appropriately
e. Modifies performance in response to feedback 20. Must be able to travel between facilities as indicated.
21. Performs other duties as required or directed. EXPOSURE RISK: The Physical Therapist is at high risk for exposure to blood and bodily fluids. SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Director of Rehabilitation or Designee for both administrative and patient/resident care responsibilities. WORKING CONDITIONS 1. Works in well-lit/ventilated office and therapy areas.
2. Pressured work environment subject to frequent interruptions.
3. Willingness to work in other facilities temporarily, when necessary.
4. May be exposed to infectious diseases. Required Skills SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS 1. Current state registration/licensure or limited permit as a Physical Therapist.
2. Demonstrates professional behavior and appearance.
3. Attends and participates in continuing educational programs and in-services as requested, which may require overnight travel.
4. Ability to work on and comprehend computerized technology.
5. Protects patients/residents and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
6. Must be able to speak the English language in a comprehendible format.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS 1. Subject to lifting, carrying and supporting patients/residents.
2. Must be able to lift medical equipment, supplies, etc.
3. Must be able to move (walk, bend, stand, sit, push, pull, lift) intermittently throughout the workday.
4. Must be constantly alert for patient/resident safety. Required Experience QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor or Master's Degree in Physical Therapy. Job Location Pensacola, Florida, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Keywords: Halcyon Rehabilitation, Pensacola , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!