Speech Language Pathologist - CCC or CFY, Pensacola, FL - Full Time
Company: Halcyon Rehabilitation
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Tracking Code Olive SLP Tues-Sat Job Description
Full Time Speech Language Pathologist needed at Brand New Pensacola Nursing Facility. Great team and work environment. All experience levels welcome to apply. Tuesday- Saturday Schedule
Position is Full Time with Full Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Generous Paid Time Off, Continuing Education and Licensure Reimbursement, Short and Long Term Disability etc---)
Olive Branch Health and Rehabilitation Center
8325 University Parkway
Pensacola FL 32514
Olive Branch Health and Rehabilitation Center is a 90-bed all private room Skilled Nursing Facility delivering short-term, post-acute services. The 78,000 square foot center is across the street from West Florida Hospital and adjacent to Olive Baptist Church at 8325 University Parkway. This convenient location serves the residents of Pensacola, Pace, and surrounding areas.
Olive Branch Health and Rehabilitation Center provides patients with 24-hour licensed professional nursing care along with specialty physician services and over 5,500 square feet of therapy space, utilizing state-of-the-art rehabilitation equipment and oxygen delivery systems. Holding true to Gulf Coast's motto "A New Generation of Care," the center also includes a bistro, two courtyards and a movie theater in addition to other luxurious amenities.
Along with our standard accommodations, Olive Branch Health and Rehabilitation Center offers a wide array of services and amenities to ensure your loved one is comfortable and cared for.
A Therapy Provider that Cares
Halcyon Rehabilitation was founded as and remains a therapist driven therapy provider of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology for long term care settings nationwide.
By basing our actions on a strong core value of improving the quality of life of the residents we are trusted to care for, we have seen amazing results in our extensive history. Halcyon Rehabilitation partners with long term care facilities and their dedicated staff to provide the most efficient and cutting edge therapy with open minds and caring hearts. The utilization of the latest proven therapy modalities, advanced technology for communication and the belief in constant improvement have led to our partners reaching their clinical and fiscal goals time after time. This focus has also resulted in one of the top staff retention rates in the industry which builds a community of family within our organization. We look forward to you exploring Halcyon Rehabilitation and becoming part of our rehab family as either a therapist or business partner.
Thank you for your interest in Halcyon Rehab.
Keywords: Physical, Occupational, Speech, Therapist, Pensacola, Gulf Breeze, Mobile, Gulf Shores, Navarre, Director, Rehab, Manager,
For more Information:
Halcyon Rehab Is A Therapy Provider That Cares---
At Halcyon, our approach to healthcare services emphasizes teamwork and personal involvement to create a compassionate, caring environment for our resident's. We do more than just meet their physical needs - we are committed to helping our residents live happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives through social interaction and enriching environments that promote independence.
Call today for additional information regarding this position or PRN opportunities. Halcyon Rehab also offers full-time internal travel positions open to Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists, for state or regional travel in only our facility locations. Traveler incentives include housing, car/meal allowances, lucrative pay, completion bonuses, full benefits, generous vacation accrual, etc.
Full-time Benefits include:
--- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
--- Life Insurance - 100% company paid
--- Supplemental Life - optional
--- Short Term Disability
--- Long Term Disability
--- Home and Auto Insurance - discount through MetLife
--- Flexible Spending Accounts
--- Continuing Education Reimbursement up to $750 per year
--- Vacation & Holiday pay for full-time & part-time employees
Reasons to Consider:
--- Flexible Work Schedule
--- Very Competitive Pay
--- Work Life Balance
--- Outstanding Benefits
--- Generous PTO
--- Education & Training
--- Privately Owned Company
--- Rehab Company started by a Therapist
--- Nationwide Presence With Plan for Continued Growth
--- Employee Referral Bonus Program
--- Clinical Team that provides continued training and mentorship
--- Free In-house CEU Events For All Employees
The staff Speech-Language Pathologist evaluates and treats patients/residents, communicates with families, physicians, and other health professionals and maintains documentation of services in the medical record.
1. Performs evaluations of patients/residents based upon the physician referral.
2. Develops effective treatment plans and obtains approval for services from referring physician.
3. Develops basic treatment plans based on evaluation results including short and long term goals that lead to achievement of patient/resident outcome.
4. Evaluates and recommends patient/resident need for equipment, materials or supplies as per facility protocol.
5. Supervises Provisional Speech-Language Pathologists and Rehabilitation Technicians in direct patient/resident care and activities per state practice act.
6. Treats patients/residents according to treatment plan.
7. Screens patients/residents based upon identified needs.
8. Communicates with supervisor and team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans.
9. Communicates with medical staff, nursing personnel and other department supervisors.
10. Conducts in-services and training for facility staff on an ongoing basis.
11. Attends and participates in in-service training for other facility staff members.
12. Attends and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, patient/resident care conferences, utilization review meetings, and other meetings as required or directed.
13. Records clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
14. Correctly identifies and bills for daily therapy services rendered per approved billing guidelines.
15. Instructs families and nursing staff in restorative/home programs.
16. Provides patient/resident/family education and training and participates in family conferences for the purposes of discharge planning.
17. Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
18. Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with patients/residents, facility personnel and support agencies.
19. Reports any problems with department equipment to the appropriate personnel so that it is maintained in safe and good working order.
20. Acts as a clinical mentor for affiliated Speech-Language Pathology schools with approved contracts.
21. Actively participates in the supervision process:
a. Reviews evaluation results, treatment plan with Provisional SLP's.
b. Communicates needs to Director.
c. Modifies performance and responds to feedback.
d. Notifies appropriate personnel of unusual patient/resident findings in a timely manner.
e. Demonstrates an awareness of limitations and seeks supervision appropriately.
22. Must be able to travel between facilities as indicated.
23. Performs other duties as required or directed.
EXPOSURE RISK: The Speech-Language Pathologist is at high risk for exposure to blood and bodily fluids.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Director of Rehabilitation or Designee for both administrative and patient/resident care responsibilities.
1. Works in well-lit/ventilated office and therapy areas.
2. Pressured work environment subject to frequent interruptions.
3. Willingness to work in other facilities temporarily, when necessary.
4. May be exposed to infectious diseases.
Required Skills SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
1. Valid Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language- Hearing Association.
2. Current state registration/licensure, or limited permit as a Speech-Language Pathologist.
3. Demonstrates professional behavior and appearance.
4. Attends and participates in continuing educational programs and in-services as requested, which may require overnight travel.
5. Ability to work on and comprehend computerized technology.
6. Protects patients/residents and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
7. Must be able to speak the English language in a comprehendible format.
1. Subject to lifting, carrying and supporting patients/residents.
2. Must be able to lift medical equipment, supplies, etc.
3. Must be able to move (walk, bend, stand, sit, push, pull, lift) intermittently throughout the workday.
4. Must be constantly alert for patient/resident safety.
Required Experience QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology. Certification of Clinical Competence from the American Speech- Language-Hearing Association, unless working under a provisional license.
EXPERIENCE: All experience levels are welcome to apply
Job Location Pensacola, Florida, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Keywords: Halcyon Rehabilitation, Pensacola , Speech Language Pathologist - CCC or CFY, Pensacola, FL - Full Time, Healthcare , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!