Occupational Therapy Assistant
Company: Halcyon Rehabilitation
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Tracking Code COTA-Pensacola Job Description 2 Full-time COTA Opportunities in Pensacola, FL at Brand New Facility Here We GROW Again! We are adding to our growing team and are looking for two COTAs (Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants) to join our large rehab team for Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday- Saturday schedules. Olive Branch Health and Rehabilitation Center is a 90-bed all private room Skilled Nursing Facility delivering short-term, post-acute services. The 78,000 square foot center will be built across the street from West Florida Hospital and adjacent to Olive Baptist Church at 8325 University Parkway. This convenient location will serve the residents of Pensacola, Pace, and surrounding areas. Olive Branch Health and Rehabilitation Center will provides patients, licensed professional nursing care along with specialty physician services and over 5,500 square feet of therapy space, utilizing state-of-the-art rehabilitation equipment and oxygen delivery systems. Holding true to Gulf Coast's motto "A New Generation of Care," the center also includes a bistro, two courtyards and a movie theater in addition to other luxurious amenities. Halcyon Rehab Is A Therapy Provider That Cares---
At Halcyon, our approach to healthcare services emphasizes teamwork and personal involvement to create a compassionate, caring environment for our resident's. We do more than just meet their physical needs - we are committed to helping our residents live happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives through social interaction and enriching environments that promote independence.
Full-time Benefits COTA Include: --- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
--- Life Insurance - 100% company paid
--- Supplemental Life - optional
--- Short Term Disability
--- Long Term Disability
--- Home and Auto Insurance - discount through MetLife
--- Flexible Spending Accounts
--- Continuing Education Reimbursement up to $750 per year
--- Vacation & Holiday pay for full-time & part-time employees Reasons to Consider Full-time COTA Position with Halcyon Rehab --- Flexible Work Schedule
--- Very Competitive Pay
--- Work Life Balance
--- Outstanding Benefits
--- Generous PTO
--- Education & Training
--- Privately Owned Company
--- Rehab Company started by a Therapist
--- Nationwide Presence With Plan for Continued Growth
--- Employee Referral Bonus Program
--- Clinical Team that provides continued training and mentorship
--- Free In-house CEU Events For All Employees POSITION SUMMARY The staff Occupational Therapy Assistant performs patient/resident care and activities as directed by the Occupational Therapist.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS 1. Treats patients/residents as directed by the Occupational Therapist.
2. Records treatments provided and progress notes in the medical record.
3. Collaborates with Occupational Therapist on short and long term goals that lead to achievement of patient/resident outcome.
4. Screens patients/residents based upon identified need, as state guidelines permit.
5. Attends and participates in patient/resident care conferences, interdisciplinary team meetings and other facility meetings as required or directed.
6. Assists with cleaning and maintenance of treatment areas and rehab department.
7. Instructs families and nursing staff in restorative/home programs as directed by the Occupational Therapist.
8. Communicates with patients/residents clearly and adjusts treatment based on their needs/abilities.
9. Communicates with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans
10. Conducts in-services and training for facility staff on an ongoing basis as directed.
11. Attends and participates in in-service training for other facility staff members.
12. Correctly identifies and bills for daily therapy services rendered per approved billing guidelines.
13. Actively participates in the supervision process: a. Reviews evaluation results, treatment plan and goals with OT.
b. Communicates needs to appropriate supervisor.
c. Obtains co-signatures as required.
d. Notifies appropriate personnel of unusual patient/resident findings in a timely manner.
e. Demonstrates an awareness of limitations and seeks supervision appropriately.
f. Modifies performance in response to feedback.
g. Carries out treatment as discussed with OT. 14. Must be able to travel between facilities as indicated.
15. Performs other duties as required or directed. EXPOSURE RISK: The Occupational Therapy Assistant is at high risk for exposure to blood and bodily fluids. SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Occupational Therapist. WORKING CONDITIONS 1. Works in well-lit/ventilated office and therapy areas.
2. Pressured work environment subject to frequent interruptions.
3. Willingness to work in other facilities temporarily, when necessary.
4. May be exposed to infectious diseases. Required Skills SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS 1. Current state registration/licensure as an Occupational Therapy Assistant.
2. Demonstrates professional behavior and appearance.
3. Attends and participates in continuing educational programs and in-services as requested, which may require overnight travel.
4. Ability to work on and comprehend computerized technology.
5. Protects patients/residents and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
6. Must be able to speak the English language in a comprehendible format.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS 1. Subject to lifting, carrying and supporting patients/residents.
2. Must be able to lift medical equipment, supplies, etc.
3. Must be able to move (walk, bend, stand, sit, push, pull, lift) intermittently throughout the workday.
4. Must be constantly alert for patient/resident safety. Required Experience QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy Assistant program. Job Location Pensacola, Florida, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Keywords: Halcyon Rehabilitation, Pensacola , Occupational Therapy Assistant, Healthcare , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!