Pharmacist specializing in Critical Care
Posted on: January 12, 2019
We Are Hiring Pharmacist - Pharmacy Services IP - FT Rotating - Sacred Heart Hospital Pensacola - Pensacola,FLWhy Join Employer? Thank you for your interest in Northwest Florida's leading health care provider – Sacred Heart Health System.Northwest Florida is a growing, family-oriented community, offering a mild climate, year-round recreational opportunities and beautiful sugar-white beaches along the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.As part of Employer – the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system – Sacred Heart offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Our associates consistently give high ratings to their workplace engagement and leadership's support for their well-being.Sacred Heart was founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1915. While our technology has improved dramatically and the buildings have grown and expanded, our commitment to the mission remains steadfast: to provide excellent health care to all people, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. For our more than 100-year history, we have been blessed with talented associates who believe in our mission and are dedicated to serving our patients and families.Sacred Heart Health System includes hospital campuses in Pensacola, Miramar Beach and Port St. Joe, Florida, as well as The Studer Family Children's Hospital at Sacred Heart – Northwest Florida's only children's hospital – and Sacred Heart Medical Group, the largest network of primary care and specialty physicians in Northwest Florida. In affiliation with the University of Florida, Sacred Heart offers the region's only kidney transplant program, as well as physician residency programs to train the next generation of doctors in internal medicine, pediatrics and obstetrics/gynecology.To learn more about Sacred Heart Health System, visit .What You Will Do Pharmacist ClinicalMake a difference to your profession and the lives of so many patients with this great Clinical Pharmacist opportunity at Sacred Heart Hospital – Pensacola, FL. At Sacred Heart Hospital – Pensacola, FL, we use a decentralized pharmacy model, and we have a strong Pharmacy Residency Program. This means that our Clinical Pharmacists do rounds and work directly with doctors as a key consultant who educates patients; and mentors future pharmacists who are in our residency program! Additionally, as our clinical pharmacist, you will assure the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders are done. Responsibilities:
- Reviews and assesses medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems. Recommends formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compounds and dispenses medications for accurate delivery to patients.
- Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Performs a range of duties related to central pharmacy operations and outcomes and decentralized roles requiring direct and collaborative interactions with patients, physicians, nurses, and other ancillary caregivers.
- Oversight of the drug distribution process and technician activities.
- Serves as a preceptor for students and residents.
- Applies/implements pharmacy initiatives for patient care, including renal drug monitoring, pharmacokinetic monitoring and dosage form conversions, as well as additional clinical requests as needed and approved by medical staff.
- Exhibits highly effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills with physicians and other healthcare team members to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality of patient care. This includes communicating problems and alerts to appropriate supervisory staff and providing accurate shift to shift communication regarding unresolved situations requiring future action. About Our TeamThe Pharmacy Team is close knit, but has lots of autonomy. The team does lots of social networking; and believes in sharing their knowledge through teaching the Pharmacy Residents and patients. Why Join the Sacred Heart Family?Strength in our People: At Employer, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and . Additionally, our associates consistently give high ratings to their workplace engagement and leadership's support for their well-being. What You Will Need Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Pharmacist credentialed from the Alabama Board of Pharmacy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Parenteral certification preferred. Education:
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Graduate from a College of Pharmacy accredited by the American council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE) or
- Doctorate (professional)
- Graduate from a College of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE) required Work Experience:
- One year of Pharmacist experience in a hospital setting required.OR
- Completion of Post Graduate Year One (PGY1) Pharmacy Residency Program requiredEqual Employment Opportunity Equal Opportunity EmployerSacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement Sacred Heart Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Pensacola , Pharmacist specializing in Critical Care, Healthcare , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!