CNA - Certified Nursing
Company: Gulf Coast Health Care
Posted on: June 15, 2019
CNA ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: --- Provide personal
care to residents, including bathing (bed, shower, tub, whirlpool)
shampooing, combing hair, oral care, personal hygiene, shaving,
nail care, and dressing. Ensure call bell is positioned within
- Distribute, empty, and clean bedpans and urinals and assist
residents to and from bathroom or with bedside commode.
- Prepare residents for meals and assist with meal service -
transport residents to and from dining room, serve trays, assist
with feeding when necessary, remove trays, and accurately document
residents' intake immediately after consumption.
- Check residents' restraints and releases to allow for activity
and reapply restraints as ordered.
- Answer call lights and answer questions and respond, giving
appropriate care or alerting Supervisor.
- Observe residents for any changes in condition and report
changes to Supervisor.
- Treat residents with dignity and always observe all residents'
rights and confidentiality.Required SkillsCNA QUALIFICATIONS: ---
Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Completion of high school education or otherwise show ability
to read, write, and follow oral and written directions.
- Must be certified in the state where applying or have
successfully completed CNA training from a state-approved school
and obtain certification within the first four (4) months of
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance as
- Must be able to work weekend and overtime as required.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass post-employment
exam, if required.Required ExperienceCertified Nursing Assistant
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT: --- Frequent walking, reaching,
climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination,
pushing, and pulling.
- Willing to work beyond normal working hours and during
disastrous circumstances, if needed.
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of
this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorable to residents,
families, and outside agencies and to work cooperatively with other
- Ability to present to groups.
- Ability to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to communicate with local staff, remote staff, and
outside agencies. OTHER REQUIREMENTS: --- Understand, comply with,
and promote rules regarding resident's rights.
- Maintain an orderly, confidential, and safe work
- Assist with admissions and discharges.
- Practice universal precautions at all times.
- Adhere to all Company and departmental policies and
- Perform other duties as assigned.Job Location Pensacola,
Keywords: Gulf Coast Health Care, Pensacola , CNA - Certified Nursing, Healthcare , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!