License Practical Nurse (LPN)
Company: Gulf Coast Health Care
Posted on: June 15, 2019
LPN ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the Nursing Assistants in
accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that
govern the long-term care center.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations concerning the
activities of your shift as required.
- Chart nurses'' notes in an informative and descriptive manner
that reflects the care provided to the residents, as well as the
residents'' responses to the care.
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician
in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and as
required by center policy.
- Ensure that narcotics are handled in accordance with federal,
state, and local regulations and as required by center policy and
that narcotic records are accurate for your shift.
- Consult with the residents'' physicians in providing the
residents'' care, treatment, rehabilitation, etc. as necessary.
- Notify the residents'' attending physicians and next-of-kin
when there is a change in the residents'' conditions or if the
residents are involved in an incident or accident.
- Ensure nursing documentation reflects that the care plan is
being followed when administering nursing care or treatment.
- Assist the Resident Assessment/Care Plan Coordinator in
planning, scheduling, and revising the MDS, including the
implementation of CAAs and triggers.
Required SkillsLicensed Practical Nurse PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND
- Frequent walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting,
grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing, and pulling.
- Willing to work beyond normal working hours and during
disastrous circumstances, as needed.
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of
this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents,
families, and outside agencies and to work cooperatively with other
- Ability to present to groups.
- Ability to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to communicate with local staff, remote staff, and
- Understand, comply with, and promote rules regarding residents'
- Maintain an orderly, confidential, and safe work
- Adhere to all Company and departmental policies and
Required ExperienceLPN QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must hold a current and valid LPN license in the state
- Completion of post-secondary education and be able to read,
write, and follow oral and written directions.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance as
- Must be able to work weekend and overtime as required.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass post-employment
exam, if required.
- Related experience at a level necessary to accomplish this
Keywords: Gulf Coast Health Care, Pensacola , License Practical Nurse (LPN), Healthcare , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!