Mental Health Tech I IPF
Company: West Florida Hospital
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
West Florida Healthcare is proud to be the only hospital in the
area to offer all private rooms as well as the area---s only
Accredited Chest Pain Center. The facility is also an Advanced
Primary Stroke Center and is the area---s only accredited Breast
Imaging Center of Excellence. The West Florida Healthcare campus
includes the all private room acute care hospital, the area---s
only comprehensive physical rehabilitation hospital, and a mental
health facility.Affiliated with HCA, the nation---s leading
provider of healthcare, West Florida Healthcare offers major
services in cardiology/cardiovascular surgery, oncology,
neurology/neurosurgery, orthopedics, emergency care, behavioral
health, obstetrics, rehabilitative medicine and many other medical
specialties.For more information about the hospital, visit----
www.westfloridahospital.com----Working under the supervision of a
nurse, the--Mental Health--Tech performs various patient care
activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort
of patients.-- The position's tasks and responsibilities in the
Mental Health unit--include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal
- Serves and collects food trays.-- Assists with patient
- Transports, positions-- and drapes patients for exams and
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.--
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.---- You are worth more
than apaycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
- 401(k) with an employer matchup to 9%Employee Stock Purchase
PlanStudent Loan AssistanceTuition ReimbursementPaid Family
LeaveMedical Plan Options, Dental& VisionAnd much
more!Qualifications High School Graduate or equivalent
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Current FL CNA certification/license required
- At least one year of experience working within the mental
health/behavior health unit strongly preferred.
- Certification as a Behavior Health Tech desired.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition
with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: West Florida Hospital, Pensacola , Mental Health Tech I IPF, Healthcare , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!