Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Company: Ascension, A26
Posted on: November 20, 2019
We Are Hiring We are hiring for a Nuclear Medicine Technologist to
work in our Nuclear Medicine Department at Providence Hospital in
Full Time-Day Shift--Why Join
Providence?Founded in 1854 by the Daughters of Charity, Providence
Hospital is a 349-bed comprehensive healthcare facility for
emergency, cardiovascular, cancer, orthopedics, obstetrics and
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job.
It---s a career where your talent and passion for delivering
quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team
members, and the community.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are
our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to
have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve,
associates benefit from significant professional opportunities,
career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support
work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.More
information about Providence is available at
www.providencehospital.org.--What you will do:As a Nuclear Medicine
Technologist, you will have the opportunity to perform therapeutic
and diagnostic procedures providing quality images to radiologists
and physicians for interpretation.--Responsibilities:
- Maintains and operates cameras that detect and map radioactive
drugs in a patient's body to create diagnostic images.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical factors
- Orders, prepares, administers, and disposes of
radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department.--What
you will need:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
- One or more of the following:
- Nuclear Medical Tech credentialed from the Nuclear Medicine
Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Nuclear Medicine
credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Equal
Employment Opportunity Providence Hospital--provides equal
employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions),
ethnic or--national origin, age (40 or over), citizenship, genetic
information, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the
Vietnam era.-- Providence Hospital--provides equal employment
opportunities for qualified disabled individuals.--Please note that
Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who
have applied for a position using our official application. Be on
alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will
not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify
Statement Providence Hospital--participates in the Electronic
Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link
below for more information.E-Verify (link to E-verify site)--
Keywords: Ascension, A26, Pensacola , Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Healthcare , Mobile, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!