Technical Operations Engineer I
Company: Cox Communications Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2021
*Primary Location: *6601 Hawkinsville Rd, Pensacola, FL, US
* Division: *Cox Communications
* Job Level: *Individual Contributor
* Travel: *Yes, 5 % of the Time
* Schedule: *Full-time
* Shift: *Day Job
* Requisition Number: *217976_79852610
* Cox Communications* is searching for a Technical Operations
Engineer I. This role will perform operations engineering
activities with general networking knowledge and skill in a 24/7
* Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions*
* Under general supervision, executes routine network
implementations for new technology.
* Provides reviews with operational boundary partners and compiles
information for detailed method of procedures and when needed.
* Creates network change tickets in line with current processes and
validates conflicts to ensure no unnecessary outages.
* Partners with Operations and Engineering to test and validate
functionality, management and performance for existing and new
* Supports implementation/deployments of new services, systems,
applications and architectures with installation, configuration,
integration, evaluation, testing, documentation, and training.
* Works with vendors to ensure equipment is installed and operating
properly and resolves problems.
* Manages small, more routine projects within Operations to confirm
delivery intervals and validate critical dates and milestones to
ensure delivery of services stay on target.
* Coordinates with other departments to ensure the network is
available and configured to exceed market demands.
* Compiles information for network infrastructure operational
* Participates in industry bodies monitoring technologies,
proposals, and issues of technical interest and relevance to
* Provides basic engineering and operational support to other
groups such as Cox Business, Provisioning, and Sustaining
* Assists with coaching and mentoring of junior technicians and Cox
tiered support teams.
* Prepares and delivers technical documentation and
* Ensures long term technology goals are consistent operationally
across all groups.
* Partners with change management for impact identification,
network validation, MOP creation and execution of activities.
* Opens, tracks, executes, and resolves escalated trouble tickets
from Tier II related to outages and trouble conditions on network
platforms. Provides technical support for all Cox transmission
* Partners with Vendors when needed to validate bugs etc. for break
* Operates to meet network reliability and availability metrics set
forth by Cox Standards.
* Provides post-incident information and details for documentation
* Potentially works with other business partners to manage local
network tools to ensure network health and tool availability.
* Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job.
(Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections
will be considered.)
* 1 or more year of experience preferred in related field (i.e.
Engineering, Technical Operations) or academic equivalent training
* Requires working knowledge of transmission, switching, powering,
grounding, mechanical, and cabling.
* Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
* Ability to work in 24/7 environment and on-call as required
* Perform maintenance activities during the week
* BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e.
Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical degree).
* Certifications: NRS I, CCNA, CCNP, CompTIA Network+
* Experience in telecommunications industry desired - preferably
2-3 years operating in a tiered level technical service assurance
and/or service implementation environment
* Demonstrated troubleshooting and diagnostic capabilities
* Working knowledge of various manufacturers telecommunications
* Working knowledge of backbone and metro architectures and
Who We Are
* About Cox Communications*
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of
human connection through broadband applications and services. The
largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six
million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to
empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse
products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics
that makes each one unique.
* About Cox *
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose
that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, [visit our benefits
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications Inc, Pensacola , Technical Operations Engineer I, IT / Software / Systems , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!