Head of Science
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Science Pensacola, Florida, United States Full time ActiGraph is
an international leader in the development of validated
medical-grade wearable solutions used to measure physical activity,
sleep, and behavior patterns in the broader global academic and
pharma research communities. We are a family-oriented team doing
cool, innovative work to help patients around the world live
longer, better lives! We are seeking a Head of Science to lead the
effort of creating a robust algorithm offering for our customers
who need support in bringing new and novel methods of continuous
data measurement to their patients. This role will be responsible
for developing a library of fully validated sensor-based algorithms
as part of ActiGraph's digital endpoint strategy. We are looking
for an individual skilled in human subjects research who is
passionate about developing or validating motion sensor-based
algorithms (i.e. accelerometers and gyroscopes). Equally important
to this role is the curation and supporting analytical validation
of the numerous peer-reviewed publications referencing ActiGraph
endpoints for the purpose of developing productized data packages
supporting our targeted therapeutic areas. We hope you'll consider
joining us in our mission to help patients around the world live
longer, better lives. The essential duties and responsibilities for
this role include:
- Translate corporate vision of ActiGraph as a leader in the
science of actigraphy into a roadmap of products that support that
- Work with academic experts to operationalize relevant
peer-reviewed algorithms and methods for actigraphy-based
measurements in a timely fashion.
- Develop and execute processes for data/algorithmic validation
using the V3 framework .
- Develop protocols and lead execution of human subjects research
to support development of new algorithms or validation of existing
- Collaborate with software development teams to implement
algorithms for use in active clinical trials.
- Lead new efforts to collaborate with outside parties to develop
new and novel validated sensor-derived algorithms.
- Be a hands-on leader and contribute to building and
productionizing data science models and algorithms for business
analytics and consumer facing applications.
- Work with clients, during pre-sales efforts, to ensure
appropriate application and delivery of actigraphy and algorithmic
endpoints in support of the defined clinical protocol(s).
- Work alongside internal product management leads to align the
release of new algorithms with the release of new
- Lead applied research and build state-of-art data science
solutions for complex customer centric business problems.
- Be a key driver in bringing innovative ideas to the table that
are backed by robust analysis, models and insights.
- Stay up-to-date with data science tools and methodologies in
technology and kinesiology domains.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and translate business
problems into technical requirements.
- In addition to other duties as assigned. All responsibilities
are to be performed in accordance with the ActiGraph core values,
standards, policies and procedures.
Requirements The ideal candidate will have:
- Good Clinical Practice experience.
- A background in data sciences or relevant education.
- Relevant experience in patient recruitment and algorithm
- Experience building and leading a team (internal and/or
external) responsible for building, scaling, and deploying
algorithmic, statistical, and machine learning models.
- Experience coaching and mentoring capable data scientists
(internal and/or external) and continuously drive them to achieve
higher levels of excellence. At ActiGraph, we do our best to offer
benefits and a work environment that is positive, fun, and tailored
towards the needs and feedback of our team members. We do so by
- A casual "dress-code" environment
- Pet friendly offices
- A family-oriented and collaborative workplace
- Paid time off (including paid time off for your birthday)
- And a very generous suite of benefits including: medical,
dental, vision, basic/life accidental, short/long term disability,
identity theft, 401K (plus a match), supplemental insurance
options, AND tuition reimbursement
- Also, flexible work options are available for this position
ActiGraph does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color,
religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran
status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment
opportunities and benefits.
Keywords: ActiGraph, Pensacola , Head of Science, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!