We Are Hiring
Ascension Sacred Heart is a faith-based health system that
provides a network of hospitals, outpatient health centers,
physician offices, rehabilitation centers and a variety of other
health services to communities in South Alabama and across
When you join our team, you join a true work family. You will
feel supported, encouraged, and benefit from a work-life balance
and career growth opportunities.
Title: Certified Medical Assistant
City, State: Pensacola, FL
Department: Pediatric Nephrology- Ascension Medical Group -
Additional Job Details: Full-Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare and dependent
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long term / Short Term disability
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Tuition Assistance after 6 months employment
- 403b with company match
- Paid vacation time off
- Faith based work environment
- Legal services and much more!
What You Will Do
Assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the
direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice
- Assist with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by
provider or registered nurse.
- Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record information
on patients' charts.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone,
maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include
ordering and stocking of supplies.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up
instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider.
- Transcribe patient orders including, but not limited to,
laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- One or more of the following required:
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of
Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained prior to hire date or job
transfer date. Credential from the American Medical Certification
Association also accepted.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Healthcare
Association obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Association
for Health Professionals obtained prior to hire date or job
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Center for
Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained prior to hire date or job
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Allied Health
National Certification and Registration obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Medical
Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- High school diploma or GED required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Sacred Heart is an equal opportunity employer (EEO)
and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only
to individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Right to Work