Executive Assistant Office Manager
Company: West Florida Hospital
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SHIFT: No Weekends
West Florida Healthcare is a 515 bed facility and proud to
be the area's leading health care facility in quality outcomes
performance. In addition to receiving an A Rating in Patient Safety
from the Leapfrog Group since fall of 2015, West Florida Healthcare
is also the area's first Accredited Chest Pain Center and Breast
Imaging Center of Excellence. West Florida Healthcare is also the
first hospital in the state of Florida to have earned Atrial
Fibrillation with Electrophysiology Services Accreditation. In
addition, West Florida Healthcare is an Advanced Primary Stroke
Center and offers specialized Emergency Department services
tailored specifically to the needs of seniors as well as a Kids' ER
dedicated to serving the emergency medical needs of children. The
West Florida Healthcare campus includes the acute care hospital,
the area's only comprehensive, CARF-accredited physical
rehabilitation hospital, and a behavioral health facility.
Affiliated with HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare,
West Florida Healthcare meets the community's healthcare needs in
major services such as cardiology, cardiovascular surgery,
oncology, orthopedics, robotic-assisted surgery, critical care,
neurology/neurosurgery, emergency care, urology, behavioral health,
gastroenterology, obstetrics, pulmonary, and rehabilitative
- The Office Manager oversees the activities and functions of the
administrative suite and executive assistants. This position
provides high-level and administrative, clerical, and special
project support to executives of the organization.
- Assists with overall functioning of the Administrative Suite to
ensure appropriate business etiquette is maintained. Screen phone
calls, correspondence and visitors using discretion and judgment to
direct appropriate individual.
- Assists others with responsibilities and adjusts work schedule
to meet department needs, to include management of and workflow of
other Administrative or Executive Assistants within the
- Facilitates and provides feedback for the annual performance
evaluation process with direct reports, which includes the other
Executive/Administrative Assistants within the department.
- Screens telephone calls and visitors, uses discretion and
judgment in ascertaining who can be redirected to subordinate
management. Provides information to callers, which requires
comprehensive knowledge of company policies, practices, and
- Opens and reviews all mail directed to executive. Composes
responses to routine inquiries, delegates items to subordinate
managers when appropriate. Transcribes and types confidential
correspondence, memos, minutes of meetings and other materials or
- Prepares variety of highly confidential, specialized and
recurrent reports using word processing, spreadsheet, and database
and/or presentation software.
- Manages special projects as assigned. Plans delegates
assignments, conducts research, gathers and compiles information
for presentation, may prepare reports.
- Performs broad range of administrative details of a
confidential nature, to aid executive, that require initiative and
judgment to make independent decisions.
- Maintains executive's calendar, arranges meetings, conferences
and appointments without clearance. Makes travel arrangements
including transportation, lodging, and itinerary.
- Provides administrative support for Board and Committee Agenda
process to include: maintenance of corporate documentation for
regulatory and legal review; coordination of meetings, agenda, and
reports; acts as a minute-taker; responsible for meeting set-up,
including catering for venue; and general support of Board members'
contacts and training.
- Follows up on all assignments delegated to others as to status,
- Maintains paper and electronic confidential files, fiscal
records, and other documents.
- Promotes and displays a positive customer oriented demeanor to
patients, visitors, staff, and physicians.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising
patient safety, quality of care, or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses
system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient
- Other duties as assigned.
- College education preferred
- 5+ years of experience at a high-level executive assistant
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Reads and writes English
- Ability to listen, empathize, and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partner needs and concerns
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft
- Displays a positive attitude
- Psychosocial skills
- Teambuilding skills
- Effective Time Management Skills
- Exemplifies C.A.R.E.S. Standards of Behavior
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Student Loan Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Family Leave
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- And much more!
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Keywords: West Florida Hospital, Pensacola , Executive Assistant Office Manager, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!