Company: Clearway Pain Solutions Institute
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under general direction, provides direct patient care to
patients of Clearway Pain Solutions. Responsibilities include
entering patient intake and provider orders into the Electronic
Medical Record (EMR), requesting medical records, utilizing
Pharmacy Database Monitoring Program as directed by providers,
recording vital signs and medical history, collecting patient
information, and facilitating patient flow. Complies with measures
to assure that patient/customer satisfaction results are
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform job in accordance with Company Mission, vision, and
- Assists patients with medical forms, as necessary.
- Exercise confidentiality in all areas, abiding by HIPAA rules
- Accurately completes applicable paperwork; ensuring patient
medical records are complete. Prepares all forms and requisitions
as instructed by the provider.
- Creates and maintains a positive atmosphere of customer
service, team work, mutual respect, professionalism and
accountability at all times.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording
medical history; confirming purpose of visit, and confirming
- Takes and records patient vitals.
- Properly maintains examination rooms and all other clinical
- Answers telephones in a professional manner and delivers
- Returns patient calls in a timely manner.
- Maintains and improves current skills and knowledge by
attending all relevant meetings, classes, trainings and by keeping
- Adheres to Infection Control, Safety and OSHA standards as
specified by State, and Company standards.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with established State,
Company and any other applicable policies and procedures.
- Instructs patients in simple procedures/tests and dispenses
appropriate educational materials.
- Relays provider orders to the patient.
- Prepares, cleans and maintains ultrasound machine.
- Draws up injections to be administered.
- Verifies that radiological and laboratory records are received
and in the patient chart. If radiological and/or laboratory records
are not in the chart, takes necessary steps to obtain the
- Fits patients for durable medical equipment (DME) and completes
all applicable paperwork.
- Obtains prior-authorizations for radiology and/or
prescriptions, as needed.
- Keeps rooms clean and stocked with supplies.
- Maintains stock of medicines and supplies as necessary. Advises
Office Manager when replacements are needed.
- Sterilizes and cleans instruments used in examinations and/or
procedures; maintains clean and hygienic environment.
- Monitors personal and provider staff task buckets in the
- Under the direction of the physician, assists with providing
Workers Compensation medication.
- Labels specimens accurately and distributes them to the
appropriate personnel to ensure specimen integrity.
- Processes specimens and prepares them for shipping.
- Maintain lab area with ample supplies and in a clean and safe
- Follows test requirements of laboratory and procures unaltered
urine specimen for testing.
- Participate in and complete all required trainings and
- Acts as a back-up for Ancillary Medical Assistants, performing
Ancillary Medical Assistant duties, as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- Must have knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office software
(MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook).
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills,
including exceptional customer service.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with doctors, clinical staff, other co-workers and
- Must be able to work individually as well as within a
- Must be able to follow both verbal and written
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to respond with patience and understanding during
stressful conditions related to patient health and emergent
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must demonstrate extreme attention to detail.
- Must possess strong organization skills.
- Must be able to problem solve and use reasoning.
- Must be able to meet predefined quality standards.
- Must maintain and project a professional attitude and
appearance at all time.
- Must have a working knowledge of the healthcare field and
medical specialty, as well as medical terminology.
- All staff are expected to have a strong desire to provide
excellent customer service; to comply with the rules and
regulations of those organizations to which we are accountable; to
have high ethical and professional standards of conduct; and to
have an attitude of wanting to continuously improve their own
- Completion of a Nurse Aide, Medical Assistant, or EMS training
program, with a current Nurse Aide certification from the State of
Maryland OR a Medical Assistant certification OR EMS
- One (1) year of prior experience working in a medical
- One (1) year of prior experience working with an Electronic
Medical Record (EMR).
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
The employee must have reliable transportation. Travel for this
position may be required up to 100%. While the primary workplace
may be closest to the employees home, work assignments could be in
any of the Companys locations.
Keywords: Clearway Pain Solutions Institute, Pensacola , Medical Assistant, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!