Why Covenant Care?
Are you a Healthcare Warrior? Want a competitive, engaging job
with great perks? Want a seat at the table to discuss strategy?
Want to see your ideas put into action? Then you want to look
closely at a career with Covenant Care.
Covenant Care is one of the largest non-profit providers of home
health, hospice, memory, palliative and private duty care in the
regions we serve. Our collaborative team of more than 600
physicians, nurses, aides, therapists and professional staff and
volunteers serve patients and families in communities throughout
Florida and Alabama. For more information, visit
choosecovenant.org, or visit us on Facebook, Instagram or
Ready to join our family?
Our teammates enjoy a supportive environment and flexible
schedule with advancement opportunities. Covenant Care's engaging
culture is founded upon mutual respect and trust. A place where
employees feel valued and patients and residents feel the service
is extraordinary. We recognize and celebrate the value of each
teammate's unique contributions and encourage a sense of ownership,
sharing our mission with patients, families and our
Responsible for receiving telephone calls, dispatching when
needed, and the proper routing of messages to appropriate person.
Responsible for accepting referrals, processing referrals in a
timely manner and scheduling initial consultations with Admission
RNs and Nurse Navigators and providing general information to
medical community and community at-large. As this position is
usually the first point of contact with Covenant Care, customer
service skills, ability to prioritize and sort in a skilled and
professional manner are required.
A High School diploma or equivalency and minimum of three (3)
years experience in medical clerical, medical assistance or a
similar Call Center customer service setting. Must possess
excellent communication skills, customer service skills, computer
skills, type 35 words per minute; operate a multi-line telephone
system and ability to adapt to a variety of situations. Medical
terminology, Medical Office Assistant or Health Unit Coordinator
experience preferred. Flexibility to work any shift as needed. Must
possess valid driver's license and current automobile
Reports to: Intake Director
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* Performs all functions for referral intake by accepting
referrals via various entry points.
* Ability to effectively communicate to patient/family, medical
community and community at large regarding Covenant Care philosophy
and all services available.
* Informs patients and families by explaining services;
answering questions; providing information.
* Obtains patient information by answering telephone calls;
interviewing callers; verifying information.
* Establishes EMR by accurately entering all demographic,
financial and referral data in to the computer systems to
facilitate billing and scheduling in a timely manner.
* Completes all follow up communication as needed to ensure
complete documentation of the record.
* Assist Care Navigation RN with dispatch of on call nurses to
assure most appropriate resource is used for patient visit at the
direction of the RN.
* Provides administrative support to the call center during
traditional and nontraditional operating hours.
* Provides customer service support to all internal and external
customers by using proper phone etiquette.
* Answers and prioritizes telephone calls courteously and
professionally and routes to the appropriate person.
* Monitor all incoming and outgoing calls before transferring a
call to a nurse. Promote positive image of the Hospice concept to
fellow employees and the community.
* Demonstrates self-directed behavior:
* Attends all mandatory general staff meetings, in-services and
* Completes clinical competency orientation within the 90-day
* Required to comply with all Covenant Care policies, procedures
and personnel policies, including those specifically addressing
disaster preparedness and response.
* Promotes a healthy and safe environment.
* Updates job knowledge participating in educational
* Maintains and improves quality results by adhering to
standards and guidelines; recommending improved procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, including
field assignments as required.
Special Demands/Physical Requirements:
This position will sometimes require MODERATE. Normally, such
lifting will involve, but not be limited to, the lifting of boxes,
books, office supplies, and small equipment items. This position is
mentally demanding due to the responsibility associated with
responding to all telephone calls as well as the routing of
visitors to the office of their destination.
Benefits for Eligible Employees Include:
* Health insurance
* Paid time off for vacation, holiday, sick and bereavement
* Company paid and supplemental life insurance
* Retirement plan with company match
* Optional cafeteria plan benefits such as dental, vision,
accident, cancer and hospital days
* Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care
* Continuing education, advance credential assistance and
* Employee assistance program for employees and families
* Mileage reimbursement and company fleet car program
Contact the Human Resources Department at 850.365.9659 for more
information. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, protected veteran status, or disability