Inside Sales - Relief Driver
Company: Airgas Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Airgas USA, LLC is hiring an
Inside Sales -Relief Driver Associate at our branch in
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team
eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air
Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of
gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our
distribution network serves more than one million customers of all
sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched
expertise. Airgas' customer base includes but is not limited to:
manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food
service, and so on Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and
ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Knowledge of the welding industry, customer service experience,
and strong computer skills are a plus.
- Handle busy incoming telephone calls to place orders, provide
product support and manage customer inquiries.
- Supporting customer needs by processing orders; providing
accurate pricing and handling order entry requirements.
- Backup CDL Driver as needed
- Sells industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies
and related equipment to customers.
- Solicits sales with existing and potential customers and
handles all associated paperwork to document those sales, quotes or
other information which may need recording for future
- Answers customer questions.
- Advises customer on equipment and materials needed and
procedures to follow to complete tasks they wish to perform.
- Demonstrates use of equipment.
- Arranges for delivery of cylinders and hardgoods and maintains
- Assists customers with merchandise and loading and unloading
- Establish and maintain good customer relations.
- Communicate in person and on the telephone with customers,
providing information on cost, ordering and delivery times.
- Monitor customers needs and work with them to maintain proper
hardgood and cylinder levels to minimize or eliminate emergency
- Check accounts receivable status of accounts; talk with the
salesman or credit department about past-due accounts and contact
customer regarding payment as well as collect money as
- Ensure all required paperwork is accurately completed;
including coding, costing and pricing.
- Maintain neat, clean and professional personal appearance.
- Coordinate with purchasing department any product shortage or
- Ensure all administrative and accounting related procedures are
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Operate forklift and other equipment as required.
- Assist with inventory, housekeeping, showroom displays, and
demonstrations as required.
- Perform as backup driver when needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Class B CDL Required, Hazmat Preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 2 years of work related
industrial supply retail sales experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Knowledge of welding, industrial gases and safety equipment
- Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with the
public and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be
detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Be committed to safety and team excellence.
- Be personable, professional, responsive, knowledgeable and
bring value to the Customer's business.
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Windows, Outlook, PowerPoint,
- Exercise strong communication skills both verbal and
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to analyze a customer's situation and help resolve
- Team player with positive attitude.
- Willing to improve skills and techniques by attending classes
on employee's own time.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with
different personalities and background.
- Ability to handle cash transactions accurately.
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 60 lbs. and frequent
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours
and repetitive motion also required.
- Must be able to work overtime, when necessary.
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing,
balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling activities.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free, tobacco-free
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
(medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance and
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Airgas Inc, Pensacola , Inside Sales - Relief Driver, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!