Designer - Water/Wastewater
Company: Mc Kim & Creed
Posted on: June 7, 2021
McKim & Creed is a unique, employee-owned firm. First and
foremost, we value people. This means we not only hire great
talent, we've also created an environment where each individual can
grow, flourish and apply innovative thinking. As a result, we've
created a world-class team of professionals within a nimble
organization. That's what our clients want. That's why we succeed.
Our clients hire us because of our people.
McKim & Creed has a reputation for state-of-the-art design of
facilities that treat, preserve and conserve the earth's finite
water resources and optimize existing infrastructure and resources.
Our highly respected teams of engineers and surveyors are committed
to the innovation, sustainability and resource efficiencies that
lead to a cleaner, safer and more sustainable future while helping
communities leverage their infrastructure.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Water team. If you
want to work at a company that will help you become the best you
can be, we're glad you found McKim & Creed.
Watch this video!
Watch this video to learn more about what it's like to be a part
of our team!
- Provides technical and design services in support of Civil
Engineering/Land Development design projects as part of a
multi-discipline project team to produce design/construction
drawings and specifications.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks within a specified
budget and schedule, while balancing multiple tasks on multiple
projects. Must communicate with Project Managers and design team to
complete work efficiently and on-time.
- Responsible for using AutoCAD Civil3D to develop various design
features for civil land development and infrastructure
- Responsible for developing estimates of quantities from plan
- May assist with securing permits from appropriate regulatory
- 2 years of experience in Civil Design in support of land
development projects (i.e. commercial, residential, and
institutional sites; single family residential subdivisions) and/or
water infrastructure projects (i.e. water distribution and
wastewater collection/pumping projects). Compensation will be
equivalent to experience and demonstrated skill set.
- Candidates with vocational certificate or two year degree in
civil technology will be favored.
- Must be proficient in the setup and development of civil site
plans in AutoCAD Civil3D, including the use of layer management and
property overrides, sheet set manager, templates, external
references and data shortcuts. Preferred proficiency with Civil3D,
including automated plan production tools, feature lines and
grading groups, alignments and profiles, corridors and cross
sections, pipe networks and parts catalogs.
- Candidates with experience in site development projects -
specifically the design and production of construction documents,
including details of existing conditions, demolition, erosion and
sediment control, improvements, grading, utilities, storm water
management, driveway access and turn lanes, and engineering details
- will be favored.
- Candidates with experience in acquiring permits from site
development review agencies on a local, state and federal level,
including direct coordination and communication with such agencies
will be favored.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Proficiencies with these software preferred.
- Must be able to balance multiple work assignments on multiple
projects at the same time.
- Preferred candidates likely to be methodical, precise and
consistent, while enjoying some variety in work schedule and
tolerant of change as work demands.
- Preferred candidates likely to be able to work alone when
required but also able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Good communication skills required.
- Process-oriented individual with strong organizational and
technical skills preferred.
- Requires a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor
vehicle and criminal record.
- Clean background check to allow access to sensitive sites such
as schools and military installations is preferred.
McKim & Creed is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status or disability status and maintains
a Drug Free Workplace.
Keywords: Mc Kim & Creed, Pensacola , Designer - Water/Wastewater, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!