CDL - Driver Trainer
Company: Airgas Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The primary function is to assist the area safety manager in the
implementation and development of driver training programs, safety
procedures and policies to reduce accidents, prevent loss and
establish safe working conditions. Implement programs for training
and continued education of existing employees.
- Perform ride-a-long trips with drivers throughout assigned area
to evaluate performance, reinforce proper training and behaviors to
ensure safety compliance and customer service excellence, provide
on-the-job training in order to increase delivery accuracy and
customer experience and improve productivity on a weekly
- Collaborate with Area Safety Manager, Safety Director and
Operations Management to develop, and disseminate new procedures,
- Work with site managers to administer new hire training and
security training curriculum and delivery plan to ensure a
consistent, sustainable driver training process.
- Perform HM 126F and Security training for drivers and branch
- Train personnel that operate forklift in proper operation,
inspection and maintenance of forklifts
- Participate in post-accident/incident audit and retraining
needs evaluation and execution.
- Acts as resource to operations managers, drivers, safety
coordinator and human resources to mitigate and resolve DOT log
compliance. This will include installation of hardware and back end
driver/truck data support.
- Assist management and area safety manger and safety director in
auditing compliance files
- Execute the Smith Training program for new and existing
employees that operate a vehicle for the company.
- Assist management and area safety manager and safety director
in developing role specific and ongoing safety education training
plans and seminars.
- Promote and develop safe work behaviors including cylinder
handling processes and procedures. Assist and coach in reducing
injuries and vehicle accidents.
- Actively involved in regional initiative teams, as needed.
- Serve as a back-up delivery driver, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to travel 50-65% of the time.
The ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic, diverse
communication skills, a drive to succeed, confidence,
trustworthiness, attention to details, and the willingness and
ability to take the initiative.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in related field or relevant years of
- Class A CDL with HazMat certification, Tanker and airbrakes
- Industry and related product knowledge as well as experience
handling compressed gases preferred. Some college education
- 3 years of experience in the Industrial gas or related
- Intermediate proficiency of MS Word, Excel, and
- Working knowledge of Safety and OSHA regulations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to demonstrate a clear and effective speaking manner
for the purpose of interpreting and explaining related information
and/or policies to employees.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear and concise writing style for
the purpose of preparing documents for internal and external
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform very heavy workroutinely lift 25 to 75 lb.,
and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lb. Also required to
push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 1000 pounds
- Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing,
kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities including the
tightening of ratchet binders
- Must be able to safely drive a forklift
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Keywords: Airgas Inc., Pensacola , CDL - Driver Trainer, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!