Company: Safe Harbor Animal Hospital
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Kennel Assistant is responsible for providing a clean,
efficient and healthy environment for the animals being treated or
boarded at the hospital. A day in the life of a Kennel
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hospital, including kennel
area, runs, treatment area, and outside grounds.
- Feed hospitalized animals and boarders.
- Monitor and record important information about the animals
conditions, behavior and habits (elimination, eating, etc.).
- Walk animals three times a day.
- Notify the Doctor or a Veterinary Technician/Assistant of
unusual medical or behavioral problems.
- Clean treatment, exam, surgery and lab areas daily.
- Maintain laundry throughout the day and keep laundry area
- Assist the Doctor and Veterinary Assistant with restraint and
treatment of animals.
- Monitor and maintain the kennel inventory to include food,
cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned that assist the Doctor,
Receptionist and Veterinarian Technicians/Assistants in the smooth
flow and operation of the clinic, care of clients and service to
Responsibilities / Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Flexible schedule including some weekend/holiday shifts.
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of
Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be
able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast
paced and challenging environment.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Previous experience as a kennel assistant
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays) - for eligible
- SVP offers educational assistance for qualified teammates to
enroll in AVMA-CVTEA accredited veterinary technician programs
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 4,000 veterinary professionals who all
share common interest in promoting a collaborative working
environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling
a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals
among a great team of people!
About This Location:
Safe Harbor Animal Hospital is located in beautiful Pensacola,
Florida. We welcome Pensacola pets including dogs, cats, pocket
pets, exotic pets and birds with veterinary preventative care,
dentistry, ultrasound, and more. Here at Safe Harbor our mission is
to make the world a better place by being an advocate of the
human/animal bond and are proud to be named one of the "Favorite
Veterinarians" in Pensacola on Nextdoor! If you are a passionate
and caring team player please apply today!
Keywords: Safe Harbor Animal Hospital, Pensacola , Kennel Assistant, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!