Physician, Ortho Trauma
Company: Ascension Health
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We Are Hiring
Ascension Sacred Heart is looking for a Full-Time Orthopedic
Trauma surgeon to join our elite team!
Why Join Our Team
About Ascension Sacred Heart Pensacola
- As part of Ascension - the largest non-profit health system in
the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system - Sacred
Heart Hospital Pensacola is a 566-bed facility that offers
competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Sacred Heart was founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1915.
While our technology has improved dramatically, and the buildings
have grown and expanded, our commitment to the mission remains
steadfast: to provide excellent health care to all people, with
special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
- Sacred Heart Health System includes hospital campuses in
Pensacola, Miramar Beach, Panama City, and Port St. Joe, Florida,
as well as The Studer Family Children's Hospital at Sacred Heart -
Northwest Florida's only children's hospital - and Sacred Heart
Medical Group, the largest network of primary care and specialty
physicians in Northwest Florida.
- In affiliation with the University of Florida, Sacred Heart
offers the region's only kidney transplant program, as well as
physician residency programs to train the next generation of
doctors in internal medicine, pediatrics and
- Major regional services based in Pensacola also include the
Regional Heart and Vascular Institute, the area's leading Stroke
Center, a Level II Trauma Center, a full-service diagnostic
centers, women's health and maternity services, the Studer Family
Children's Hospital, and a Cancer Center affiliated with MD
Anderson Cancer Network.
- Home to pristine white beaches and the iconic emerald waters of
the Gulf Coast (consistently voted one of the top beaches in the
- Pensacola boasts a rich history including: pre-Civil War forts,
archaeological sites, the title of America's first settlement, and
is home to the US Navy's flight demonstration squadron - The Blue
- Cost of living below the national average
- The perfect combination of a relaxed beach town and bustling
metropolitan center, Pensacola's temperate and climate offer a
friendly community and an unparalleled quality of life.
- Pensacola prides itself on its diverse and emerging cultures.
Annual festivals, events, and performances display the region's
greatest musicians, food, artists, shows, and vendors that
captivate the heart and history of the area.
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a
community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement
and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering
excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one
of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States.
Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a
collaborative approach to care, significant professional
opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive
What You Will Do
Ascension Sacred Heart is looking for a Board Certified/Board
Eligible Orthopedic Trauma surgeon in Pensacola, Florida.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner
with Ascension Sacred Heart to provide medical services to
- Team with our group of experienced surgeons at the region's
premier trauma center
- support of a full orthopedic subspecialty team
- live and work near some of the nation's most beautiful
- Great community with tons of cultural events and outdoor
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical
diagnostic and treatment skills.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of
efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as
admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who
require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on
needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and
research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company
requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for
specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need
- Licensed Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Florida Board of
Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Board
eligibility/certification in medical specialty required.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or Doctor
of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or
Doctor of Optometry (OD) or Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Sacred Heart is an equal opportunity employer (EEO)
and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only
to individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Right to Work
Keywords: Ascension Health, Pensacola , Physician, Ortho Trauma, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!