CB Operations Engineer II
Company: Cox Enterprises
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Cox Communications is searching for a Cox Business Operations
Engineer II. This role will perform operations engineering
activities with general networking knowledge and skill in a 24/7
environment. The CB Operations Engineer supports fulfillment
activities for growing and scaling the Nokia CB Metro Core network
as well as daily service assurance activities on both the Nokia CB
network and all legacy CB networks (Calix, Cisco ONS, Fujitsu
Sonet, etc.). The service assurance role is at a Tier III level,
receiving escalations from the Cox NOC and escalating to Sustaining
Engineering only for design issues.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Under general supervision, executes routine network
implementations for new technology.
- Provides reviews with operational boundary partners and
compiles information for detailed method of procedures and when
- Creates network change tickets in line with current processes
and validates conflicts to ensure no unnecessary outages.
- Partners with Operations and Engineering to test and validate
functionality, management and performance for existing and new
- Supports implementation of new services, systems, applications
and architectures with installation, configuration, integration,
evaluation, testing, documentation, and training.
- Works with vendors to ensure equipment is installed and
operating properly and resolves problems.
- Manages small, more routine projects within Operations to
confirm delivery intervals and validate critical dates and
milestones to ensure delivery of services stay on target.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure the network is
available and configured to exceed market demands.
- Compiles information for network infrastructure operational
- Participates in industry bodies monitoring technologies,
proposals, and issues of technical interest and relevance to
- Provides basic engineering and operational support to other
groups such as Cox Business, Provisioning, and Network
- Assists with coaching and mentoring of junior technicians and
Cox tiered support teams.
- Prepares and delivers technical documentation and
- Ensures long term technology goals are consistent operationally
across all groups.
- Partners with change management for impact identification,
network validation, MOP creation and execution of activities.
- Opens, tracks, executes, and resolves escalated trouble tickets
at the Tier III level related to outages and trouble conditions on
network platforms. Provides on-site and/or remote technical support
for all Cox transmission media Partners
- Partners with Vendors when needed to validate bugs etc. for
- Operates to meet network reliability and availability metrics
set forth by Cox Standards.
- Provides post-incident information and details for
documentation when needed.
- Works with other business partners to manage local network
tools to ensure network health and tool availability.
- 3-5 years of experience in related field (i.e. Engineering,
Technical Operations) or academic equivalent training or
- Requires working knowledge of transmission, switching,
powering, grounding, mechanical, and cabling.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking
- Ability to work in 24/7 environment and on-call as
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e.
Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical degree).
- Certifications: NRS I, CCENT, Network +
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired - preferably
2-3 years operating in a tiered level technical service assurance
and/or service implementation environment
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and diagnostic capabilities
- Working knowledge of various manufacturers' telecommunications
- Working knowledge of backbone and metro architectures and
- Participation in SCTE and related certifications
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments
of human connection through broadband applications and services.
The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve
six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated
to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse
products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics
that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common
purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Enterprises, Pensacola , CB Operations Engineer II, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!