Company: Ascension Health
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We Are Hiring
Why Join Our Team
About Ascension Sacred Heart Pensacola
- As part of Ascension - the largest non-profit health system in
the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system - Sacred
Heart Hospital Pensacola is a 566-bed facility that offers
competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Sacred Heart was founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1915.
While our technology has improved dramatically, and the buildings
have grown and expanded, our commitment to the mission remains
steadfast: to provide excellent health care to all people, with
special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
- Sacred Heart Health System includes hospital campuses in
Pensacola, Miramar Beach, Panama City, and Port St. Joe, Florida,
as well as The Studer Family Children's Hospital at Sacred Heart -
Northwest Florida's only children's hospital - and Sacred Heart
Medical Group, the largest network of primary care and specialty
physicians in Northwest Florida.
- In affiliation with the University of Florida, Sacred Heart
offers the region's only kidney transplant program, as well as
physician residency programs to train the next generation of
doctors in internal medicine, pediatrics and
- Major regional services based in Pensacola also include the
Regional Heart and Vascular Institute, the area's leading Stroke
Center, a Level II Trauma Center, a full-service diagnostic
centers, women's health and maternity services, the Studer Family
Children's Hospital, and a Cancer Center affiliated with MD
Anderson Cancer Network.
- Home to pristine white beaches and the iconic emerald waters of
the Gulf Coast (consistently voted one of the top beaches in the
- Pensacola boasts a rich history including: pre-Civil War forts,
archaeological sites, the title of America's first settlement, and
is home to the US Navy's flight demonstration squadron - The Blue
- Cost of living below the national average
- The perfect combination of a relaxed beach town and bustling
metropolitan center, Pensacola's temperate and climate offer a
friendly community and an unparalleled quality of life.
- Pensacola prides itself on its diverse and emerging cultures.
Annual festivals, events, and performances display the region's
greatest musicians, food, artists, shows, and vendors that
captivate the heart and history of the area.
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a
community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement
and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering
excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one
of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States.
Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a
collaborative approach to care, significant professional
opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive
What You Will Do
Provide primary vision care ranging from sight testing and
correction to the diagnosis, treatment, and management of vision
- Examine eyes, using observation, instruments and pharmaceutical
agents, to determine visual acuity and perception, focus and
coordination and to diagnose diseases and other abnormalities such
as glaucoma or
- Analyze test results and develop a treatment plan.
- As appropriate, prescribes eyeglasses, contact lenses, vision
therapy and low-vision rehabilitation.
- Consult with and refer patients to ophthalmologist or other
health care practitioner if additional medical treatment is
- Recommend, participate in, and work to ensure the success of
efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- One of the following required:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)
- Doctor of Optometry (OD)
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Sacred Heart is an equal opportunity employer (EEO)
and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only
to individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Right to Work
Keywords: Ascension Health, Pensacola , Optometrist, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!