Experience the power of Physical Therapy!
Select Physical Therapy in Pensacola, FL is now hiring a
compassionate and driven licensed Pelvic Floor Occupational
Therapist (PT) for PRN coverage. Our center is located down from
the Navy Hospital on the beautiful Gulf Coast of FL. Seize the
opportunity to be apart of our highly trained and respected
physical therapy team!
Our ideal candidate will have a good understanding of pelvic
floor diagnoses with no less than one year of pelvic floor
experience or at least completed an introductory to pelvic floor
course. Our PRN pelvic floor therapist will be responsible for
treating women and men with a variety of diagnoses including some
oncology related diagnoses. The pelvic floor therapist would be
working closely with urologists, OBGYN, colorectal, and GI MD's.
The pelvic floor therapist will work closely with other pelvic
floor therapists at this site and across the market for further
Our Physical Therapy and Occupational therapy team provides
preventative and rehab services that maximize functionality and
promotes the well-being of their patients. They utilize a variety
of evidence based treatment and manual therapy techniques to create
individualized plans that help each patient achieve their goals.
This center also provides certified hand therapy, physical therapy,
pelvic floor rehab for men and women, lymphedema therapy, wound
care, neuro rehab, and aquatic therapy.
- Experienced Pelvic Floor Therapist (Occupational
- New Grads (OT) with recently completed introductory Pelvic
Hours Needed: As needed. Mon - Fri
Compensation. Commensurate with experience.
Applying. To apply, create an on-line profile and upload your
resume to complete our HR application.
Select Physical Therapy is a part of Select Medical
Corporation's Outpatient Division, a nationally a prominent,
locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with
approximately 1800 locations in 37 states and the District of
Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select
Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kessler Rehabilitation
Center and KORT. Our highly respected clinical team provides
preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize
functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized
treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our
integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner
with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve
optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also
provide physical therapy and athletic training services to
professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Understand appropriate state Practice Act and adhere to the
laws which govern how Occupational Therapists may practice and whom
Occupational Therapists may supervise.
- Develop objective patient goals and establish the type,
frequency and duration of occupational therapy in collaboration
with the referring physician.
- Responsible for the supervision and delegation of the
occupational therapy care for each patient within the guideline of
state rules and federal regulations.
- Responsible for the alteration of each patient's program as
changes in the patient's status occur.
- Demonstrate completion of patient care responsibilities and
documentation requirements in an appropriate and timely
- Participate in student clinical affiliation programs in
agreement with Select Physical Therapy student manual.
- Provide comprehensive and individualized treatment
- Participate in the design and implementation of new programs or
procedures with the approval of the manager and referring
physicians per HIPPA guidelines.
- Communicate pertinent patient information to referring
physicians, staff, employers, insurance carriers, and
- Custom fabricate splints/casts to meet a variety of complex
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational
- Minimum 1 year current experience as a Pelvic Floor OT or New
Grads (OT) with recently completed introductory Pelvic Floor
- National registration and state licensure or registration
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Valid state driver's license.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical
techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift;
must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate,
diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate
records, recognize people and provide directions. Ability to speak
and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate reporting,
charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations,
either manually or through use of electronic equipment.
- Possess grasp ability for effective and efficient handling of
diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects
diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.