Wraparound Services Specialist
Company: Children's Home Society of Florida
Posted on: June 13, 2021
#MyCHSWhy Jennifer Smith from Children's Home Society Florida on
Since opening our doors in 1902, CHS became a part of Florida's
CHS has been committed to growing and evolving to provide the
right services and solutions to address the needs of children and
families throughout the changing times. Every day, our team works
with parents and kids to empower them and encourage them. With
innovative technology solutions and a dedicated, experienced team
throughout the state, we're changing the face of foster care and
positively impacting children and families' lives for generations
Join our team to continue to do good and create history serving
Florida's children and families!
As a Wraparound Services Specialist, you will identify and
assess client and family needs and evaluate, coordinate and oversee
necessary services and/or treatment are provided; provide in-home
services to clients; complete required assessments; assist and
counsel individuals and families by using such activities as
delineating alternatives, helping to articulate goals and providing
needed information. As appropriate to the program, includes direct
service via Family Team Conferences as well as case management; or
Intensive In-home Family Preservation/ Reunification Services.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Make an impact in your community and become a part of Florida's
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and
Facilitate family team conferences:
- Coordinate and facilitate Family Team Conferences in order to
achieve consensus among family and other participants in developing
an appropriate plan based on the needs of the families and to
oversee compliance with Wraparound Orange Project (WOP) procedures,
values and standards.
- Assess the youth and family's strengths and needs and promote
strategy development with assistance from the team members.
- Maintain regular contact with clients' family members, school
personnel (Guidance counselors, principals, SAFE Coordinators,
school social workers), case managers, care coordinators and other
mental health providers.
- Participate in Family Service Planning Team (FSPT) to arrange
for non Medicaid funded services.
Service Delivery and Treatment:
- Oversee services and treatment are delivered from a
strength-based framework and customized in order to meet
individualized needs of consumers and are culturally
- Provide case management services (information, plan referral
and linkages) as needed.
- Attend staffing on behalf of the client so that the needs of
the client are being addressed fully (schools, clinical, etc.)
- Participate in clinical review of client for services and
enhanced placement when appropriate.
- Provide or secure support and crisis/emergency services for the
youth and family including being available 24/7 one week per month
for on-call support.
- Oversee utilization management through authorization and
monitoring of resources, including agency and community, to meet
clients' needs with fiscal efficiency.
Intensive In-home Family Preservation/Reunification:
- May conduct in-home case coordination and counseling visits to
clients and families at the frequency and intensity consistent with
their higher level of need, with a limited case load size.
- May provide in-home services such case coordination activities,
including case planning and implementation; training, education and
skill building activities; and, referral and coordination for
specialized services such as mental health domestic violence and
Foster and Maintain Professional relationships:
- Foster and maintain ongoing relationships with family members,
care managers, providers, and identified resources in order to call
on others to implement client plans.
- Conduct community outreach as needed.
- Arrange for transportation of clients to appointments,
community agencies, etc., as needed.
- Develop and maintain clinical records and program documentation
according to contract and CHS standards (assessments, treatment
plans, progress notes, termination summaries, etc.)
- Complete billing related documentation for the Medicaid billing
department ensuring billing documentation is accurate and
- Utilize the Client Information System (CIS) to document and
track outcome measures, regular documentation and progress notes,
demographic documentation and Child Functional Assessment Rating
- Adhere to Wraparound Orange Project values and Principles
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Excellent assessment skills and intervention strategies
- Ability to identify and understand environmental stressors
- Ability to observe and report accurately on the functioning of
individuals & families
- Ability to make home visits
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to work flexible hours (including weekends and
evenings) as required
- Ability to act decisively when necessary to protect client
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Social Work or a human
services related field
- A minimum of two years experience working with severely
emotionally disturbed children
- A minimum of two years experience with behavioral health/child
welfare/juvenile justice systems
- Valid Florida driver's license
- Successful completion of AHCA-approved mental health targeted
case management training within three months of initially providing
Medicaid services, as appropriate to the program.
- A minimum of one year experience with strengt
Keywords: Children's Home Society of Florida, Pensacola , Wraparound Services Specialist, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!