Mechanical Reliability Engineer
Company: Ascend Performance Materials
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As a key member of the Pensacola, Florida Reliability Team, the
Mechanical Reliability Engineer drives mechanical asset
availability for their assigned production unit. The primary role
of the Mechanical Reliability Engineer is to ensure the
availability and maintainability of mechanical assets to meet the
unit's daily production goals and identify potential risks before
failure occurs. Our goals and KPI's include outstanding safety
performance, absolute environmental compliance, zero unplanned
equipment down time, consistent product quality, 100 percent
execution of the asset care plans and continuous improvement to
both maintenance and reliability workflows. They also drive
performance to the levels which we believe are our "Entitlement"
using Ascend to Excellence (A2E) behaviors, tools and skills.
- Drive mechanical assets to 100% availability to meet the unit's
daily production goals.
- Engineer innovative and practical solutions to maintenance,
reliability and operational issues.
- Design and implement innovative upgrades to both maintain
performance levels through PM's and improve overall reliability and
maintainability through maintenance expense and capital
Mechanical Reliability Manager
- Demonstrates leadership in driving Ascend's Zero-incident
- Implement established reliability and PdM strategies.
- Identify and implement needed maintenance technician training
and procedure development.
- Identify and implement Cost Improvement and Cost Avoidance
- Drive adherence to Process Safety Management including MOC,
incident reporting and proper documentation.
- Respond to equipment failures and ensure that the daily
production goals are achieved.
- Support maintenance replacements, repairs, and overhauls to
mechanical equipment assets, including rotating & stationary
- Write maintenance procedures, and repair plans.
- Document equipment failure history and costs.
- Perform routine mechanical equipment troubleshooting.
- Perform repair vs. replacement analysis on equipment.
- Perform equipment root cause failure analysis, fault tree and
- Scope out and implement like-for-like equipment replacement and
- Perform Asset Management duties for equipment including
maintaining files and database for equipment data, ensure
standardization of equipment and standards for equipment, and
organize and manage spare inventories.
- Coordinate proactive fixes from Condition Monitoring findings
with operations and maintenance personnel.
- This position is one of a Mechanical Reliability Team
consisting of a Mechanical Reliability Leader, 6 area assigned
Mechanical Reliability Engineers, a PdM Leader with 7 technicians,
an MI Inspection Leader with 6 Inspectors and 3 SME Sr. engineers
for fixed equipment, metallurgy and rotating equipment. Extended
team members include specially trained and dedicated technicians
running an onsite: Pump Repair Shop, Compressor Repair Shop,
Centrifuge Repair Shop, R-Stamped Fabrication Shop, Valve Repair
Shop, Metallurgy Lab and Machine Shop.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience. (including relevant Co-Op
- Prior Chemical, refining or Plastics Manufacturing experience
- Rotating equipment design, specification, repair and upgrade
- Experience with modeling tools such as Fathom, Compress, Aspen
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering
- Professional engineering registration preferred but not
- Vibration Lev 1, pump and seal training classes
- 6-Sigma tools training
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and possess strong
- Willingness to perform "hands on" field work, including testing
- Knowledgeable with respect to Microsoft Outlook, Excel and
PowerPoint software programs.
- Must have excellent time management skills and be able to
- Ability to travel (typically <5%).
Why work at Ascend?
Our vision is to be the recognized leader in the nylon 6,6 value
chain, creating new possibilities with PA66 for everyone,
everywhere, every day. We achieve that through living our Ascend
We care. We operate safely with high integrity for our
employees, our customers and our communities. Our people are our
greatest assets, and our Total Rewards Program extends beyond
traditional benefits to include access to on-site medical clinics
at our U.S. facilities, a global wellness rewards program and
Performance Matters, an employee-driven recognition plan. Our
Commitment to Zero demonstrates our belief that is it possible to
operate with zero personal injuries, zero process safety incidents
and zero environmental releases. And the Ascend Cares Foundation,
led by Ascend employees, supports Ascend families in times of need,
provides inspiring opportunities for community engagement and
facilitates community leadership.
Customer-focused. We exist for our customers; they drive our
actions. Their success is our success. Our plastics and chemicals
are building blocks that help make everyday essentials safer and
more sustainable, and we constantly strive to develop new and
innovative products to meet the future needs of our customers. And
that customer focus doesn't only apply to the marketplace - it also
applies to how we treat our colleagues and our fellow community
Better every day. We invest in our people and our processes to
improve every day. A2E, our continuous improvement program, guides
the way we do business. And this way of problem solving applies not
only to our manufacturing practices but also to our commitment to
developing our people. You'll see it during your career at Ascend
in our leadership development, skills training and mentoring
Agile. We think broadly and lead proactively in a constantly
evolving organization and industry. Agility doesn't mean simply
working quickly - it means critical thinking, creative problem
solving and novel approaches to everyday challenges.
One Ascend. All together, with a common set of goals and an eye
toward the future. We don't accept silos. We look for ways to share
across departments, sites and geography. This means you won't be
boxed into a single role at Ascend - you could get the chance to
work with teams across the globe to improve the way we serve our
people, our customers and our communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other
protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ascend Performance Materials, Pensacola , Mechanical Reliability Engineer, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!