Company: Capstone Corporation
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Capstone is seeking a Java Developer to support the Navy's MPTE
TSS contract located in Pensacola, FL. The position will support
the design, development, and maintenance of Navy training systems.
Essential skills for this position include full lifecycle
application development experience using web-based Java EE
technologies (JSF, JPA, and EJBs) using mainly the Agile
- Develops application software.
- Performs unit and functional testing.
- Designs and implements data model objects.
- Analyzes root causes for abnormal system operation.
- Participates in Scrum ceremonies and collaborating with team
members to best fulfill client requirements.
- Performs evaluations and analysis of data to determine feasible
solutions, and implements solution(s).
- Defines and resolves problems including developing processes
and procedures for resolving like problems throughout the
enterprise and analyzes methods of approach.
- Provides detailed documentation and feedback for problem
- Reviews, analyzes, routes, and resolves system help
- Examines existing information system schematics and related
supporting software documentation.
- Identifies alternative software solutions.
- Participates in reviews to determine the completeness and
consistency of software requirements.
- Analyzes and develops documentation supporting MPTE TSS program
and projects aligned with each functional area as needed.
- Analyzes and evaluates Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products
to assess the feasibility and usability of the product to best
support operations that are related to the project.
- Develops and documents a gap analysis, details the functional
capabilities satisfied by the COTS, and identifies strengths and
- Collects data on software engineering performance during the
appropriate phases of development.
- Utilizes current SQL-based products and tools for extraction
and reporting of information to support business requirements
analysis and development. Products may include TOAD, PL/SQL
Developer, Oracle Business Intelligence, or SAP Business Objects
- Conducts Legacy and NMCI system evaluations of production
installations to assure HW/SW compatibility and maximum effective
- Analyzes, develops, modifies, maintains, and debugs web
services and web service clients for partner requirements.
- Analyzes and trouble shoots Linux server systems and log.
Minimum education and experience:
- Software development experience using Java, SQL, PL/SQL, and/or
- Must obtain IAT Level II certification (CCNA Security or SA+ or
GICSP or GSEC or Security+CE or SSCP).
- Interim DOD Secret Clearance.
Preferred Qualifications (Text Only)
- Experience with ORM tools (Hibernate/Toplink) and/or
presentation layer libraries (Richfaces/PrimeFaces/Bootstrap). -
Exposure to and knowledge of DevOps concepts including cloud,
automated testing, builds and deployments. - Experience using Java
to develop SOAP-based and or RESTful web services. - Linux server
experience to include RHEL, Apache server, and/or AMQ server. -
Experience with software development tools such as JBOSS developer
studio, ReadyAPI, TOAD and/or JMeter. - Experience with Software
Development frameworks such as Maven, ESB architecture, Apache CSF,
JBoss ActiveMQ, and/or Apache Camel. - Knowledge of JAX-WS Web
services and web service client development. - Bachelor's degree in
Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer
Science, Math, Business, Engineering or Physical Science.
Keywords: Capstone Corporation, Pensacola , Java Developer, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!