Infection Control and Risk Manager
Company: Clearway Pain Solutions Institute
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Infection Control and Risk Manager is responsible for
coordinating the risk management and infection control clinical
functions of the Companys Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs). This
individual will be responsible for ensuring the ASCs are able to
meet the regulatory and clinical needs of the facilities. Day to
day responsibilities will include ensuring adequate staffing,
supplies, and other tasks are completed with the best infection
control and risk management standards in conjunction with working
as a Registered Nurse within the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews ASC staffing levels to ensure compliance with
regulatory requirements. Advises management of any discrepancies
and risk areas.
- Reviews ASC supply ordering and inventory to ensure compliance
with regulatory requirements. Advises management of any
discrepancies and risk areas.
- Assists the ASC Director (Safety Officer) regarding safety
- Conducts necessary administrative review, coordination,
implementation and completion to meet regulatory body requirements
for FL ASC facilities including, but not limited to:
- AAAHC, Accreditation Handbook (2018+)
- AHCA, ASPEN Set M 3.04 Ambulatory Surgical Center
FL Department of Health (DOH), Chapter 59A-5 Ambulatory Surgical
- Trains clinical staff and provides clinical in-services, drills
as required by the regulatory bodies.
- Coordinates patient case reviews for special procedure to
ensure ASA qualifications are met per facility guidelines.
- Coordinates equipment repairs/biomedical checks to ensure
clinical equipment integrity.
- Networks with internal and external sources to continuously
improve operational knowledge, skills and abilities related to
infection control and risk management
- Ensures continual delivery of high-quality nursing care
- Adopts and implements innovative infection and risk management
nursing practices to improve the facility
- Ensures that surgical staff remains in compliance with
professional development, Company, and regulatory standards
- Maintains a healthy, collaborative team environment
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing
patient and department records, including but not limited to
- Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by
verifying emergency equipment availability; completing preventive
maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining
equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by studying usage reports;
identifying trends; anticipating needed supplies; approving
requisitions and cost allocations
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by
communicating information; responding to requests; building
rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Fills in for nursing vacancies, as needed; performing the roles
and responsibilities of an ASC Nurse Administrator and/or a staff
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to
assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Monitors all aspects of patient care
- Prepares rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and
- Deals compassionately, professionally, and courteously with
patients, their families, physicians, and fellow employees
- Follows safety and infection control procedures
- Adheres to all federal, state and nursing regulations and
protocols including but not limited to patient safety procedures
such as verification of patient identification prior to
- Ensures that immediately prior to the start of any procedure in
the procedure room, initiate a time-out and ensure correct patient,
procedure, site and side, and that there are no additional
Identifies every patient with three identifiers: full name, date
of birth, and zip code
- Documents this information in the Procedure Safety Checklist,
including the time of the time-out
- Oversees and ensures that daily/quarterly/annual binders/logs
- Understands and administers regulatory policies (i.e.: AHCA,
CDC, State, etc.)
- Ensures all applicable Surgery Center staff and guests wear
- Conducts safety drills, as required.
- Identifies an emergency situation and is able to appropriately
- Deploys, monitors, and ensure that the facilities operational
processes are appropriately integrated within the facilitys quality
- Implements a program of job-based orientation, training, and
on-going evaluation for all employees
- Promotes the implementation of positive customer relations by
the employees and physiciansMaintains patient, physician, and
employee privacy and confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA,
Company and other regulatory standards
- Ensures that the surgical programs and clinical services are in
compliance with the respective components of regulatory body and
accrediting body standards
- Orders supplies as needed
- Monitors the adequate function of surgical equipment and
patient care equipment through contracted services and follow-up on
- Provides clinical support for procedures, as necessary
- Has working knowledge of all equipment and procedures
- Fills in as a Registered Nurse, as needed.
- Checks work e-mail on a regular basis throughout the
- Participates in and complete all required trainings and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree with two (2) years Operating Room experience;
OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Experience at a more senior level may qualify as multiple
equivalent years of experience for this role.
- Must have knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office software
(MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook).
- Must possess and maintain current licensure as a Registered
Nurse in the State of Florida.
- Must possess a current ACLS and BLS certification.
- Must possess and maintain certification as an Infection
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills,
including exceptional customer service.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with doctors, clinical staff, other co-workers and
- Must be able to work individually as well as within a
- Must be able to follow both verbal and written
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to respond with patience and understanding during
stressful conditions related to patient health and emergent
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must demonstrate extreme attention to detail.
- Must possess strong organization skills.
- Must be able to problem solve and use reasoning.
- Must be able to meet predefined quality standards.
- Must maintain and project a professional attitude and
appearance at all time.
- Must have a working knowledge of the healthcare field and
medical specialty, as well as medical terminology.
- Must pass a Level II Background screen.
- Must provide proof of influenza vaccination annually.
- Must complete two (2)-step PPD.
- Must complete all regulatory competencies prior to beginning
work in the ASC.
- Must be able to effectively oversee, manage and direct a team
of clinical and non-clinical professionals.
- All staff are expected to have a strong desire to provide
excellent customer service; to comply with the rules and
regulations of those organizations to which we are accountable; to
have high ethical and professional standards of conduct; and to
have an attitude of wanting to continuously improve their own
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in a
related field of study.
- One (1) year of prior experience working in a Pain Management
- One (1) year of prior experience working with an Electronic
Medical Record (EMR).
- Possess and maintain risk management certification.
The employee must have reliable transportation. Travel for this
position will be required up to 40%. While the primary workplace
may be closest to the employees home, work assignments could be in
any of the Companys locations.
Keywords: Clearway Pain Solutions Institute, Pensacola , Infection Control and Risk Manager, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!