Sensor Systems Engineer
Posted on: June 19, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:The Open Platform Sensor monitors and
collects data traversing the Internet Access Point (IAP) boundary
and Email Gateways and is the future of the CSSP Sensor Grid. When
queried, Open Platform Sensor will provide data back to a DCO
analyst about adversarial actions on the DODIN, with the results
transported via the data brokering service into multiple data
environments, such as the DCO SIEMs or BDPs. Sensor System Engineer
manages all production instances of the Open Platform Sensor
program's deployments across the DODIN, acting as the baseline
configuration manager, the field engineering dispatch, and as the
administrative support team applying all approved changes to the
operational platforms as requested by the Open Platform Sensor
Program Lead.Primary Responsibilities
- Be willing to quickly deploy on-site when required by the
Government and Prime to perform hardware and software maintenance
- Maintain a detailed and accurate list of contact information,
rack elevation diagrams, and wiring diagrams for each sensor site
as required by the Government to aid in remote access and for quick
hardware and software problem discovery and repair.
- Tasks include: field engineering from both onsite and remote
locations which requires installing hardware (if Government waiver
is approved), installing virtual components as systems, installing
servers, installing operating systems, installing software,
uninstalling software, monitoring systems and processes, patching
operating systems and software applications, installing network
devices, configuring network devices, patching network devices,
monitoring network devices, configuring and tuning system
processes, and troubleshooting and resolving problems with the CSSP
- Open and respond to incidents in Remedy ticketing system.
Update and close tickets as required and document all steps taken
to resolve the incident.
- Assist with the Open Sensor Platform and Full Packet Capture as
- Assist the Open Sensor Platform (OSP) Lead with updating the
OSP Service Design Plan as neededBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in a technical
discipline and 5+ years of experience. Additional years of
experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Can be waived if
approved by the Prime.
- Qualified IA personnel IAW DoD 8570/DoD 8140, minimum IAT
- Active Secret Clearance Required with ability to obtain a Top
- Must be a US Citizen
- Knowledgeable of Security/IA products such as PKI, VPN,
firewalls, and intrusion detection systems.
- Demonstrated experience in Command Line Interfaces (Linux
- Demonstrated technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in Federal Government Network
- Experience with deploying and maintaining network sensors.
- Experience with DISA Network Enclaves
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Remedy ticketing system
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret if required by the contractPay
Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00The Leidos
pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a
guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered
in extending an offer include (but are not limited to)
responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with
market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other
Keywords: Leidos, Pensacola , Sensor Systems Engineer, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!