Medical Assistant/LPN- Wellness
Company: Baptist Health Care
Posted on: November 17, 2022
The Medical Assistant assists with patient care management,
executes administrative and clinical procedures. This position
provides exceptional medical care that meets each patient's
physical, mental, and emotional needs. This position provides
administrative/clinical assistance to physicians/mid-level
practitioners/nurses/patients while adhering to a prescribed
treatment plan in accordance with established policies and
procedures. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- Performs administrative medical assistant duties as required
including various medical secretarial, financial bookkeeping and
- Performs clinical medical assistant duties to include the
following: aseptic procedures, takes vital signs, prepares the
patients for physician's care, performs venipunctures and
non-intravenous injections, observes and reports patients' signs or
symptoms, and ensures quality metrics are obtain and
- Administers Basic First Aid.
- Assist with patient examinations or treatments.
- Operates office medical equipment properly.
- Collects routine laboratory specimens as directed by the
- Administers medication as directed by the physician.
- Performs basic laboratory procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge/certification. Pursues professional
growth and development.
- Technical Diploma/Certificate Medical Assisting, Military
trained corpsmen Required
- One year out of the last three years medical assistant
experience is required in lieu of medical assistant program or
military training program.
- Certified in one of the following upon hire: Medical Assistant
(ARMA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA_AAMA), Medical Assistant
(RMA_AMT) and Medical Assistant Membership (AMT), Medical Assistant
(NCMA_NCCT), or Clinical Medical Assistant (CLMA_NHA).
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (BLS) American Heart Association
within 30 Days Required.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology,
medical law, medical ethics, human relations and patient
- Skills and ability in administrative and clinical medical
- Able to communicate effectively through written and/or verbal
- Basic Computer skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform EKGs and obtain accurate
blood pressure readings.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system
committed to improving the quality of life for people and
communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The
organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews
Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive
primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000
team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest
non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.
Keywords: Baptist Health Care, Pensacola , Medical Assistant/LPN- Wellness, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!