Patient Safety Attendant
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a(an) Patient Safety Attendant? At HCA Florida
West Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to
$300 million in programs to support our incredible team members
over the course of three years.BenefitsHCA Florida West Hospital,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Patient Safety Attendant like you to
be a part of our team.Job Summary and QualificationsThe Patient
Safety Attendant (PSA) participates in high-quality,
patient-centered care by providing continuous observation and
monitoring for high risk patients. In collaboration with the
patient care team, the PSA ensures the patient environment is free
of obstacles and minimizes risk of falls and accidental or
intentional self-harm. The PSA may also assist with basic
activities of daily living.
What you will do in this role:
- Maintains a direct line of sight with patient at all times,
including while family and/or visitors are in the room.
- Accompanies patient and ensures patient safety during
transportation, testing, and procedures occurring away from the
patient's normal environment.
- Establishes a safe, risk-free patient environment by utilizing
knowledge of fall prevention protocols, infection control measures,
and self-harm prevention. Performs room assessment regularly and
after any visitations.
- Creates clear, accurate documentation on patient status and
activity during the shift.
- Performs other duties as needed when not providing direct
patient observation. Assists nursing staff with tasks such as
transporting patients, delivering equipment and supplies,
transporting specimens, delivering patient trays, answering phones,
and assisting visitors.
- Participates as an active member of the health care team and
positively promotes the rest of the team to
patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance
improvement activities, and seeks opportunities to improve
department and inter-department processes.
- Restocks non-medicinal patient room supplies as needed.
What qualifications you will need:
- One year experience in a healthcare setting is preferred
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention must be obtained within 90 days
of employment start date
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal
communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written
instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills This
role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).HCA Florida West Hospital is a
515-bed facility. We are proud to be the area's leading health care
facility in quality outcomes performance. We are the area's first
Accredited Chest Pain Center and Breast Imaging Center of
Excellence. Our hospital is the first in the state of Florida to
have earned Atrial Fibrillation with Electrophysiology Services
Accreditation. We have an Advanced Primary Stroke Center. We
provide a specialized Emergency Department tailored to the needs of
seniors and children. We have a Kid's ER dedicated to our youngest
patients. We are the area's only comprehensive CARF-accredited
physical rehabilitation hospital. Our facility has a behavioral
health facility. We offer services including cardiology,
cardiovascular surgery, oncology, and orthopedics. Other services
that we offer include robotic-assisted surgery, critical care, and
neurology/neurosurgery. We also offer urology, gastroenterology,
obstetrics, and pulmonary and rehabilitative medicine.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Patient Safety Attendant opening. Qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume
today to join our community of caring!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Pensacola , Patient Safety Attendant, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!