Medical Receptionist I - Gastroenterology - BMC Pensacola
Company: Baptist Health Care
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Medical Receptionist greets and registers incoming patients in
the practice management system, and collects/data enters
demographic and insurance information with a high degree of
accuracy. This position confirms and schedules appointments,
collects copayments, and verifies insurance. This position explains
financial requirements to the patients or responsible parties and
enters payments into the practice management system. This position
receives incoming telephone calls in a prompt, courteous, and
- Greets visitors or patients and directs them as appropriate
using the mission, vision and values of Baptist Health Care.
- Enters all patient demographics into the practice management
system and continually maintains patient information in the patient
- Verifies health insurance eligibility and understands copays,
co-insurance and deductibles.
- Responsible for explaining financial requirements to patients
or responsible parties and collects patient financial portions
(copays/coinsurance) as required.
- Reconciles daily charges and payments with high degree of
- Accountable for appointments and scheduling patients properly
on the days and times specified, as well as reminding patients of
appointments. Responsible for duties including but not limited to
the following: coordinates and schedules appointments, ensures
appointment reminders and online appointment requests are managed
timely, and follows up with patients who "no-show" to reschedule
- Receives and routes incoming telephone calls in a prompt,
courteous, and professional manner
- Operates a variety of office equipment effectively.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Must have good communication skills verbally and written.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving
goals and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Knowledge of computer-based data management programs
- Be able to make recommendations and handle complaints and
requests in a professional and calm manner.
Baptist Health Care is a not-for-profit health care system
committed to improving the quality of life for people and
communities in northwest Florida and south Alabama. The
organization includes three hospitals, four medical parks, Andrews
Institute for Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, and an extensive
primary and specialty care provider network. With more than 4,000
team members, Baptist Health Care is one of the largest
non-governmental employers in northwest Florida.
Keywords: Baptist Health Care, Pensacola , Medical Receptionist I - Gastroenterology - BMC Pensacola, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!