Cyber Systems Watch Officer
Company: Leidos Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2023
Description Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of
innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the
national security, engineering, and the health industries.Leidos is
seeking a Cyber Systems Watch Officer for a position as part of a
team supporting the Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) in
Pensacola, Florida.This is a full time position that must work in
Pensacola, Florida. No full time telework is allowed.The Cyber
Systems Watch Officer will provide persistent monitoring of IT
infrastructure and network management of all UCSA network elements,
enclaves, and systems using Government and commercial monitoring
tools. This is a 24/7/365 environment and is primarily a shift
position. The chosen candidate must have the ability to work 1st,
2nd, or 3rd shift.Primary Responsibilities
- Support the UCSA Battle Captain with all Cyber Defense and
Network Assurance issues to include making recommendations
regarding Indicators of Compromise (IOC), malicious cyber activity,
and the overall security posture of our networks. Provide technical
oversight of information security services and customer support
- Oversee all network defense operations and be familiar with the
operations process flow and execution. Coordinate and collaborate
with internal DISA elements and mission partners to share the
understanding and impact of day-to-day malicious cyber
- Maintain awareness of all pertinent directives, orders, alerts,
and messages to include the preparation and delivery of daily
situational awareness and operational update briefings to DISA and
UCSA Senior Leadership.
- Manages incoming and outgoing communications, including voice
(secure/unsecure), e-mail and message traffic over classified and
- Performs basic system administration tasks such as account
unlocks and password resets for external customers.
- Monitors for system outages and provides guidance for all
- Identifies, reports, and supports the restoration of alarm
conditions, escalating as needed.
- Coordinates mission critical system maintenance (both scheduled
and emergency) including issuing notices, coordinating with
external agencies, hosting pre-maintenance meetings with
stakeholders, creating and closing tracking tickets, and verifying
restoration of services.
- Research DoD directives, authorized service interruptions, and
task orders to provide situational awareness to leadership which
includes preparing and distributing daily situational reports and
briefings required by operations, the user community and
- Prepares hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly reports on
restoration efforts and system health and performance.
- Uses Remedy ticketing system to create, monitor, report, audit,
and close GTMS (Global Trouble Management System) tickets.
- Collects metrics data and prepares metrics reports.
- Passes down accurate and complete status information to
following shift personnel.
- Creates and processes user account requestsBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in a technical
discipline. Can be waived if approved by the Prime.
- 3 years of experience. Can be waived if approved by the
- Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of
- Qualified IA personnel IAW DoD 8570/DoD 8140, minimum IAT
- Active Secret clearance with the ability to get Top Secret
- Must be a US CitizenPreferred Qualifications
- Experience with DISA Network Enclaves
- Top Secret Clearance
- Remedy experiencePay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 -
$101,250.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos Inc, Pensacola , Cyber Systems Watch Officer, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...