SUPERVISOR, PATIENT DINING (FULL-TIME)
Company: Compass Group
Posted on: May 24, 2023
- We are hiring immediately for full-time SUPERVISOR, PATIENT
- Location: Baptist Hospital Pensacola 1000 West Moreno Street
Pensacola, FL 32501 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Schedule varies, more details upon interview!
- Requirement: Supervisory experience preferred, but not
- Starting Pay: $16.00 per hour Make a difference in the lives of
people, your community, and yourself. Join a culture of opportunity
with Morrison Healthcare. Our careers are filled with purpose and
empower you to transform healthcare experiences.
Take a look for yourself at the !
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition
services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 806
hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison uses the Power of Food
to create personalized dining experiences for patients and in their
cafes to advance the healing and healthful missions of its clients.
Morrison has been serving some of the nation's largest health
systems for more than 65 years and leverages culinary, nutritional,
and operational expertise to provide consistency and transform the
healthcare experience. Morrison has been recognized as one of
Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2020 for the 8th time
and was named a Top 125 Training Organization by Training Magazine
in 2020 for the 9th time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a 2018 Best
Places to Work and CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired CEO. Morrison
is a Compass One Healthcare operating division within Compass Group
and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs,
and 21,000 professional food service team members. Job Summary
Patient Dining Supervisors are responsible to coordinate patient
meal service and special requests and needs for the Patient Dining
Program. Ensure that Patient Dining Associates are adequately
trained and that units are properly staffed to provide service.
They are a huge part of creating a culture of comfort and
compassion in the healthcare environment, taking care of patients'
special requests and nutritional needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees systems and processes to ensure that the strategic and
operational objectives of the Patient Dining Program service are
- Supervise Patient Dining Associates and ensure they provide
services that include helping patients make menu selections,
assemble, and deliver/pick-up their meal trays.
- Work with the caregivers and culinary team to determine menu
alternatives for patients with food allergies and sensitivities;
cultural, ethnic and religious preferences; or when a patient
inquires about additional selections.
- Interacts with nursing and evaluates on a daily basis patient
meal selection, tray completion, tray delivery and tray retrieval
- Is responsive to patients' needs at all times. Communicate
problems or concerns with patients to appropriate personnel in a
timely manner, following department procedures.
- Assist dietitians, such as helping monitor patients who cannot
eat food through their mouth, are on liquid diets or have a
specific calorie count to manage.
- Adhere to facility confidentiality and the patient's rights
policy as outlined in the facility's Health Insurance Portability
and Accountability Act (HIPAA) policies and procedures.
- Complies with regulatory agency standards, including federal,
state and JCAHO.
- Follow Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
guidelines, a prevention based food safety system for meal assembly
- Comply with federal, state and local health and sanitation
regulations, as well as department sanitation procedures.
- Complete all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in
the Morrison Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Conduct daily associate team meetings following Morrison's
branded GR8 Start Meeting guidelines and template.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate and read documents such as safety rules,
procedure manuals, and operation and maintenance instructions.
- Aptitude for effectively operating hospital's admission,
discharge and transfer (ADT) system, and other computer-based
systems, which manage patient care records.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100
pounds, as well as maneuver and push food delivery carts.
Reasonable accommodations can enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform these essential functions.Associates at
Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.Both
full-time and part-time positions offer the followingbenefits to
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)About Compass Group: Achieving
leadership in the foodservice industryCompass Group is an equal
opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all
Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities,
achievements, and experience without regard to race, national
origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity.*Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).Morrison Healthcare maintains a
drug-free workplace.Req ID: 1181075
Keywords: Compass Group, Pensacola , SUPERVISOR, PATIENT DINING (FULL-TIME), Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...