Training Lead - New Pensacola FL Location
Company: Biolife Plasma Services
Posted on: May 25, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge. Job Description About BioLife Plasma
ServicesEvery day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do
helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you
focus on our donors, we'll support you. We offer a purpose you can
believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career
growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced,
friendly environment. BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd. OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE Responsible
for the general supervision of the center area training program. Is
able to perform all technical tasks required within the work areas.
Provides assistance to management to achieve business goals.All
listed duties must comply with federal, state, local and
company-specific regulations related to quality of product,
employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of
day-to-day activities. ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform duties associated with Training (including but not
limited to): (50%)
- Maintains complete and accurate records to ensure that all
personnel are competent to perform their assigned duties.
- Reviews employee training materials to meet initial and annual
- Ensures timely completion of cross-training and annual
- Ensures that employees are trained and committed to meet
customer service expectations.
- Monitors center training needs and performs cross-training,
re-training, SOP training, preventative action training and other
training as needed.
- Works closely with the Facility Manager, QMR and management
team to communicate center/employee needs as they relate to
- Fosters teamwork. Works collaboratively with staff, peers, and
management to achieve business goals. Communicates continuously and
resolves conflicts proactively.
- Communicates regularly with the Center Manager to ensure
compliance with training requirements and that adequate support is
provided to employees in the work area.
- Review Quality Control Records as applicable and assigned
- Coordinates and performs new employee orientation, including
company background, health and safety requirements, policies and
procedures and other company expectations. Understands Affirmative
Action practices and is actively involved in employment application
pre-screening and interviewing process for center staff. (20%)
- Effectively manages the production area (donor floor/customer
service) motivates and encourages employees to meet their
performance goals and comply with company quality standards and
- Maintain certification and perform required duties (including,
but not limited to) the following roles: (5%)
- Medical History (PCT)
- Phlebotomy (SPCT, APCT, LT)
- Sample Processing (SPT, SSPT) DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Demonstrated work history of above average performance,
customer service, and attendance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and direct the work of others
and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work
areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
and to maintain complete and accurate rec ords.
- Requires obtaining and maintaining Cardiopulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification. Leadership
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the businessDecision-making and Autonomy
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance decisions (internal)
- Advises and counsels hourly staff on operational, safety, and
customer service concerns. (internal)Interaction
- Consults and coordinates directly with the center management on
training concerns within the plasma cen ter.
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to
donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Encourages employee involvement in committee meetings.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.Innovation
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem
solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an
exceptional customer experience.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and
reaching above the shoulders and below the knee. Requires frequent
lifting up to 32 pounds, and occasional lifting up to 50
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and
ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand
for the entire work shift.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level
1), 90% of production-based work tasks require pro-longed glove
wear. EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Essential:
High School Diploma or equivalent requiredDesired: Associate or
Bachelor's degree preferred. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Locations USA - FL - Pensacola Worker Type Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type Full time
Keywords: Biolife Plasma Services, Pensacola , Training Lead - New Pensacola FL Location, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...