Correctional Officer - $2000 Sign on Bonus
Company: The GEO Group
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Pay Rate is $20.00 per hour. No experience is necessary and paid
on-the-job training is provided. Just come with a willingness to
learn and a desire to help others and you will fit right in as part
of this growing team of professionals. If you are looking for an
exciting new opportunity or to advance your career in criminal
justice, corrections, or security, look no further because The GEO
Group is hiring motivated individuals seeking their next
opportunity. As a Correctional Officer, you will be responsible for
overseeing and caring for inmates at your facility while ensuring
that the rules, policies, and procedures are applied fairly and
consistently. Why work for GEO: We're on a mission to provide
high-quality rehabilitation and community reintegration services.
GEO is a place for professional growth, exploration, creativity,
and valuable interpersonal relationships. If you're interested in
achieving extraordinary things, send in your application and join a
community that cares. In this job, you will:
- Supervise and monitor inmates in living, recreation, dining,
and visitation areas
- Coordinate their movement (conducting counts and providing
emergency response as needed)
- Make sure program activities stay safe and supervise labor
- Conduct shakedowns for contraband materials (by yourself or
with your team) and confiscate prohibited items as per policies and
- Keep daily logs on inmates (including disciplinary
- Provide prompt and appropriate assistance to those who have
been injured, ill, or have suffered trauma
- Report any maintenance or repair needs to keep your facility
clean We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to
their maximum potential is the center of GEO's employee value
proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and
the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds.
Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here's to unlimited ideas,
increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral
sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- Must have passed the Florida FBATT test or be able to pass the
test within seven (7) days of accepting an offer of
- Applicants must be nineteen (19) years of age or older.
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with
working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- May be required to possess valid state driver's license.
- Must be mature, flexible, able to command the respect and
confidence of inmates and staff and possess a high tolerance to
mental stress. Benefits
A competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with
options for you and your family including:
- Paid time off - Paid holidays
- 401(k) - 401(k) matching
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Reduces tuition rates for degree programs
- Employee discount
- Employee assistance program
- Pet insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid training
- Other additional benefits available EOE
Keywords: The GEO Group, Pensacola , Correctional Officer - $2000 Sign on Bonus, Other , Pensacola, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!